Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

+14
alex
Ruben Lopez
Richie
Highlander
mike walsh
holmerz
Jose Luis Lopez
G Cooper
Bob Letterman
pzkfwmk6
Kreighshoer
lupanzer
Jenny Ryan
Shaggy
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty My idea

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 am

Hey Shaggy ,

My idea (I had a plan for mine when I got it ) Very Happy was to have the crew playing cards (you know the set from Masterbox ? ) near the wall of a barn used for cover for the Panzerjaeger . Not a full barn but a splintered timber barn wall , maybe chipped faded red or blue paint , maybe with a stack of firewood stacked next to it & some woodchips , a splitting log & axe , some unidentified farm machinery & an old greasy oil drum with staining all the way to the ground !

You could use that idea if you like , I do not mind . I have some photos which may give you some stimulus if you are interested !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  holmerz Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:26 am

Bob Muckley wrote:Eirk-
Yes, that's usually the way with interiors!
I was thinking about panzer grey with green overspray, as was evident on some of these vehicles. I'm still not sure, though, whitewash might look nice on it, too. What do you think?

Shaggy jocolor

Hi Bob

Well I'd say go for the pz grey with green overspray, yes green over german greay might ruin everything, but "who dares, wins", and besides I think we've seen enough whitewash.

Jsut my 50 cents

\Erik
holmerz
holmerz
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Aarhus, Denmark

http://panzerik.blogspot.dk

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:54 am

i have to agree with jenny and erik - have a try with the green overspray - no pain no gain! - some small green blotches could look really cool and what if you mess up the paintjob? overspray it with plain grey!

i'd give it a try!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Kreighshoer wrote:
my answer was to be interpreted as a joke and that you may place as many vehicles of any kind in this dio as your entry - the short programme - is the panzerjäger and the dio is just the candy - the freestyle!

Laura-
There seems to be that problem, we never get each other's jokes! Razz
Maybe they just get lost in translation...
Now I have another little problem, they ammo boxes in the back are interfering with the gun mount, which attachs to the back wall. Another fine instruction sheet from DML!
Alright, grey and green it is, I even found an old set of dry transfers for the Panzerjager I. I'll keep you posted!

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Waterford,NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:38 pm

A nice example:

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.org/finished-model-gallery-f10/panzer-iii-l-1-48-t285.htm

I´ll also make a grey with green overspays. Panzer grey should be not very dark (near to neutral grey!) with a touch of blue to match visually with green. The costrast with mud in the lower part of the tank could be explosive!! cyclops cyclops cyclops !!
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Las Rozas, Madrid (Spain)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:00 pm

That is the look I'm going for, the panzer grey won't be too dark, I want it to look a little dusty and faded.
BTW, don't set the rear ammo boxes until you can at least test fit the gun mount!!! DML doesn't give you any point of reference to set them, but have little marks all over the hull for the lift hooks! Mad
See, it does pay off to have someone else build a kit first!
Now I'm having a devil of at time removing them to relocate them. Evil or Very Mad
Just not my week...
Time to get a Scooby Snak!

Shaggy Mad jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Servus Bob,

we had such ambushes in a few of DML kits. In every second you must find the trap. Very Happy - Good, that you found it here. I will note that, because it is sure, that I will build this car. DML should take care over their plans better.

Not your week? Peanuts, the week ist almost over! cheers And a new and better week will come. Wish you the best.

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Relocated ammo boxes

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:35 am

Shaggy ,

Remember I was chatting to you about how the ammo boxes on sprue K come with the Bison Kit I have , well if you wreck the kit bits relocating them I will send you the spares from my kit . Pretty much all that I use from sprue K is the floor , drive train , exhaust pieces , rear bulkhead machine pistol , Batteries & dash instruments .
Any of the other bits from the sprue you can have if you need it .

Let me know , okay ?

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Jenny Croft wrote:Shaggy ,

Remember I was chatting to you about how the ammo boxes on sprue K come with the Bison Kit I have , well if you wreck the kit bits relocating them I will send you the spares from my kit . Pretty much all that I use from sprue K is the floor , drive train , exhaust pieces , rear bulkhead machine pistol , Batteries & dash instruments .
Any of the other bits from the sprue you can have if you need it .

Let me know , okay ?

Jenny flower

Jenny,
You are the BEST! cheers cheers
I think I am okay, though. I got most of the ammo boxes off. One side I managed to pull right off, after softening the glue with paint thinner. On the second one, though, the bottom pan (not the whole box) is stuck tight to the floor, and since the upper hull is in place, I can't reach down with anything to pry it up! Mad
I take a pic later to show you. I don't care if I ruin the bottom plate of the box, I just want to get it off the floor so i can relocate the dang boxes! If anyone has a sugestion....

Shaggy (who is still having a bad week even though it's Saturday!) jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 pm

... your bad week still continues .... sorry...

Look at my review of the new Nuts and Bolt in my post about Pzjg I here, in Little and Lethal.

Of course, you can freely choose to paint an grey with oversprayed green ... but there are not real references about it ... I´m also desolated .... Dragon´s kit seem dedicated to DAK vehicles as a lot of of 2nd version PzJg I (70 tanks) were sent to Afrika ...
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Jose Luis Lopez wrote:... your bad week still continues .... sorry...

Look at my review of the new Nuts and Bolt in my post about Pzjg I here, in Little and Lethal.

Of course, you can freely choose to paint an grey with oversprayed green ... but there are not real references about it ... I´m also desolated .... Dragon´s kit seem dedicated to DAK vehicles as a lot of of 2nd version PzJg I (70 tanks) were sent to Afrika ...

Jose-
Yes, I've noticed all the pictures I like of the Panzerjager I are all with the smaller shield, there was one shot of the later shield in whitewash, that's all I've found.

Maybe I'll change course and do a DAK vehicle. I've never built a DAK, and this would be interesting because I could leave the inside of the gunshield and gun panzer grey. I'll have to think about this. scratch

BTW, nice review on the book. I wish I had it, it probably could have saved me some headaches.

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Bob Muckley wrote:

BTW, nice review on the book. I wish I had it, it probably could have saved me some headaches.

Shaggy jocolor

I saw yesterday in a newsletter mail of "Berliner Zinnfiguren" Nuts´n Bolts, that it is available in Germany too. I buy it and scan the book for my "electrical library". Let´s see, perhaps it is sendable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:05 am

Shaggy, a DAK vehicle is always a nice option.

And do not worry about making a too weathered vehicle, some pictures show nearly NEW vehicles (no weathering, no chipping .. nothing!!) captured by british forces at the second battle at El Alamein. Of couse, you can make also a heavy weathered tank.

Good luck!
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty I think I've got it now.

Post  Shaggy Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:15 pm

I just found a picture of a late panzerjager I in dark grey, supposedly at the Sea of Azov in 1942. I think I will just do the grey/green and have it loading onto a barge, maybe to cross the Don River.
I have the gun, shield, and mount painted, I will take some pictures over the weekend. Hopefully I can still fit a driver in there! Shocked

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Hey everyone-
I finally got the interior straightened out and the gun and shield painted. There is also a picture or two of the problem I had with the ammo boxes. Also, the gun mount is now glued in place, but the gun and shield are simply resting there for the picture. Also missing is the MP40 mounted to the gun mount, you can't glue it in until after you attach the main gun. The fit is really that tight, according to surviving examples.
After evenmore thinking, this is going to be overall panzer grey, and in a diorama with a KV-1. I'll take a few pics of a mock up of the scene later.
As always, comments and/or criticisms are welcome!

Shaggy jocolor

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int2

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int7

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int3

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int4

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int5

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Int6
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty COOL SHAGGY

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Hey Shaggy ,

This is really coming along so well , I would prefer to see a smaller vehicle IMHO as you want this superb vehicle to be the star Very Happy , Maybe a BA 20 armoured car ? Just a thought .

Well I reckon this is looking really cool .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 am

Jenny Croft wrote:Hey Shaggy ,

This is really coming along so well , I would prefer to see a smaller vehicle IMHO as you want this superb vehicle to be the star Very Happy , Maybe a BA 20 armoured car ? Just a thought .

Well I reckon this is looking really cool .

Jenny flower

Jenny-
I know what you mean about showcasing the Panzerjager, but wait until you see what I have in mind! Twisted Evil
I kind of want the point to be how miniscule this guy is compared to what the Russians were fielding even from the beginning.
So, I'll set up a mock up and take some pictures, let me know what you think. There's something I've never done, showing off a mock up online!

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 am

love your progress bob! the interior looks sweet! Very Happy
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty very nice

Post  mike walsh Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Bob,

Excellent attention to detail.

I like the interior colour .
Good effort so far.
mike walsh
mike walsh
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Brisbane , Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 pm

Thank you very much for posting your progress. I´m learning a lot of from your kit!!

Once the gun and the shields are installed ... driver´s seat and transmission will be nearly invisible!! It´s a pitty that all that detail can not be show because your painting work is impressive ...

If you add one figure in the combat chamber ...

Anyway ... it´s a good work ... and now, funniest part is close to start!!
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah man, the interior looks very, very well. Every detail was made very fine. We love your work!

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Panzerjager 1

Post  Highlander Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Shaggy

It is looking good my man , really nice interior , I can follow your line of thinking with the KV ,I might even be tempted to go with a KV 2 , It would look very much the "David and Goliath" dio .looking forward to seeing it all come together

regards

Brian
Highlander
Highlander
General
General

Location Location : Scotland UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm

Highlander wrote:Hi Shaggy

It is looking good my man , really nice interior , I can follow your line of thinking with the KV ,I might even be tempted to go with a KV 2 , It would look very much the "David and Goliath" dio .looking forward to seeing it all come together

regards

Brian

Thanks eveyone for the kind words. Brian, that was sort of what I had in mind, the David and Goliath thing. I will post a picture of the dio mock up soon, plus some other work I've done to her.
Thanks everyone for the support.

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Hey Bob

Post  Richie Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 am

Shaggy, that is looking like a nice little build, will be suitably tiny against a KV (would fit on its engine deck!) Having seen Jennys Flakpanzer built, I have a new found love of the tightly packed detail of these little panzers. I reckon you will end up doing a DAK one when all the aftermarket comes out for them.

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Richie wrote:Having seen Jennys Flakpanzer built, I have a new found love of the tightly packed detail of these little panzers.
Richie

Richie-
I know what you mean, this is the first panzer I based vehicle I've ever built( but definately NOT my last!), and there is alot of detail to these little guys! And I probably would not have started this if not for this site and group build. I probably will build another of these once I get my hands on the earlier, smaller shield, which I think looks way more sexy. Shocked

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next