Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf)

+10
Bob Letterman
Noel-Petroni
Dragunov
alex
Ruben Lopez
sharkmouth
Richard Marchand
Jenny Ryan
Tarok
Kreighshoer
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Empty Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf)

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:15 am

following a masterplan and with the sdkfz 10/5 almost finished, it's time to start the next build soon!

this little baby it will be:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Boxart10

this sexy paint scheme will go on the panzerjäger:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) 35017p10
(discussion purpose only!)

the kit isn't that bad at all ... only the tracks are really bad but can look good with enough care taken! Very Happy
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Empty Re: Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf)

Post  Tarok Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

Geez, Laura! You're like a modelling machine! Termamodeller! Laughing

Looking forward to following your build - popcorn and beer at the ready Smile

Rudi

Tarok
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Empty Re: Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf)

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:37 am

Tarok wrote:Geez, Laura! You're like a modelling machine! Termamodeller! Laughing

Looking forward to following your build - popcorn and beer at the ready Smile

Rudi

Yes Rudi , one thing is sure "She'll be back" affraid affraid affraid affraid

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:00 am

Jenny Croft wrote:Yes Rudi , one thing is sure "She'll be back" affraid affraid affraid affraid

ROFL - me the T-X of modelling lol!

simple reason is that i tackle my XMM entry from behind and with some group builds closing soon i want everything besides the figgies finished before i start with my max! first from july 1st will be the diobase to see how i will layout the scenery and then the max, groundwork and figgies! i have a megalomaniac plan ( Embarassed ) in the pipe!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Wow! While I'm gluing the tracks on two little WW1 tanks you have the time to actually build 2 complete models, paint one and then start a third affraid Is Michael Schumacher one of your relative lol!

Another very interesting subject btw. I'll come back in a few hours to see the finished build mrs T-X lol!
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Indeed a very nice kit. The new Zvezda parts are not bad but they don't match the quality of the original Italeri kit. New tracks and tools are mandatory. The rest can be made by you since you have the talent. You will have another cheerleader here! I normally keep notes on my instruction sheets (I was happy to find out recently that I am not alone). If you want to know what I found, ask away. Same for the Sd.KFz. 10 kit although Terry did a better job than I planned on mine.

Regards,
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Nice, the darkgrey show goes on. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:15 pm

unfortunately i'm not related to MS richard! if i was i would have enough money to own world's biggest stash! lol!

saúl ... i don't want to shock you but i will use the kit tracks! i know they are what the dog leaves behind but they work with a gentle coat of mud! lol!

i also do my notes in my instructions! sometimes more than would be good! i have built this one longer ago ... it was my third model or so - i can't remember exactly any more!

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Alterp10

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Alterp11
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:35 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmm ... i'm currently researching the early panzerjäger 1 produced by alkett (5 sided shield) and ask myself if it is enough to cut the shield and support of this kit or if there were more differences? both the zvezda and the DML panzerjäger are resembling skoda production of the later type!

saúl? do you know something more?
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32 am

yes,

Yes I do! The side shields are a touch longer. I am sure you could replace the complete gun shield with styrene sheet by using the kit piece for the front three sides. For the sides, you will have to find your own template... Wink I wonder where you can get such a template;?: geek

By the way, have you downloaded the Aber and Eduard detail set instructions for this kit? It is another way I find what to improve. Razz Here is a photo of the Aber set that includes the upper gun shield and a brass piece.

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Min_96460af3556b099da17d77e1ebe8b240

Regards,
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:17 pm

i cannibalized my old panzerjäger to see if i am able to convert the late shield to an early one ... at the moment i reached a point where i need some advice! (already! Shocked ) to cut back or not to cut back! that is the question!

after having studied the aber fret and instructions thoroughly i took a deep breath, an old #11 and cut my way through the the side walls, then trimmed the cutaway parts, reglued them, puttied and sanded (only once so far!)

it already starts to look like an early five side shield:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi12

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi13

BUT ...

i am afraid that i have to trim this back to where i have added the line into the photo:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi14

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi15

do you agree with me or should i trim more? (please take into consideration that the angle of the photo is a "bit" off and does not show the alignment of the shield with the corner that should align with the shield properly!)

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) G060
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 am

Personally, I think the side pieces need to be replaced.

Regards,
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben Lopez Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:04 am

Hi Laura, congratulations for starting another interesting project.

Concerning the shield I have to agree with Saul; it's better if you cut the whole side panel and do it in one piece. Not only it's easier than gluing a section to sand and trim it later but it result in a stronger assembly too.

Now if you feel really adventurous you can do the whole shield from styrene and correct the scale thickness at the same time.

Take care,
Ruben
Ruben Lopez
Ruben Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 am

Yeah Laura , I think it would be better if you use Plastimicard to make it & it will be a real show stopper Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:19 pm

well ... did i ever mention that i am stubborn? i used the mr gunze deluxe glue and that melts the plastic so the bond is extreme! Very Happy

i trimmed back the side panels, gave them another putty session and sanded again (a third session will follow!), then i sanded the edges thinner and cut away those thingies on the shield and replaced them with copper wire (boy that was some heavy duty drilling! Shocked ) ... now i actually can start the panzerjäger! Very Happy bounce

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi16

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi17

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Modifi18

comparing with a photo my shield comes close to the real deal ... close enough for me! i is happy! bounce

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Pzjag110

Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Wow Shocked Already done the shield Shocked !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben Lopez Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Looks very good!! Being stuborn has its rewards. lol!

Ruben
Ruben Lopez
Ruben Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:13 pm

i put the shield aside after priming to see where i still have to putty and sand it. this was the opportunity to do the dullest work on every tank - the running gear!

fully workable of course!

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Laufwe10

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Laufwe11

the towing hook ... not bad but not good enough:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Abschl10

after modifying with wire and brass chain:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Abschl11

Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  alex Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:32 pm

another intersting vehicle in the making
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : MALTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragunov Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:53 pm

Hey Laura,

Impressive work on the gunshield, and the chains on the towing hook, like you're eye for detail, and I envy you're building speed lol! lol! lol!

Cheers Erik
Dragunov
Dragunov
General
General

Location Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Clean work and Faaast Very Happy

What brand is that tiny chain you used on the towing hook?
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:03 pm

thanks guys Very Happy

Richard Marchand wrote:What brand is that tiny chain you used on the towing hook?

that's a H0 gauge brass chain from a model railroad shop! have a look at a model railroad shop in your area and ask for one ... they are cheap and perfect substitutes! Very Happy

the rest of the build is sheer routine:

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Innenr10

Zvezda Panzerjäger I 4,7cm Pak (t) (Sf) Rohbau17

but i ask myself ... the interior ... white with pale green floor or grey with pale green floor?

Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:22 am

Nice progress Laura. The kit don't seem too bad. Have you thought leaving one or two armored visor open? this would help seeing a (very) little of the interior.

Sorry, can't help you with the inside colour Embarassed
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 am

all hatches will be closed richard! as for the interior i will go for both colors since they would have surely overpainted the white in the factory but not have removed the white paint prior! i will try to paint the interior with the grey chipped away at some spots showing the original white color! (chipping? i? wonders may happen some time! lol! )
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:04 am

Well Laura , If I knew earlier that you were building this I would have given you the ammo stowage from my Dragon Bison I kit ! I have the Dragon Panzerjaeger as well but the sprue with the ammo stowage is duplicated in the Bison set too Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next