Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170

2 posters

Go down

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Empty Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170

Post  ShawnGehling Wed May 13, 2015 2:43 am

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Man%20Down%20-%20US%20Modern%20Army%20Box%20Front_zpsjhst8bnv

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Man%20Down%20-%20US%20Modern%20Army%20Box%20Rear_zpsff4hzipc

By Shawn W. Gehling

This is another modern set based on US Army forces in the Middle East, protecting and retrieving a wounded comrade.  
The Kit:

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Man%20Down%20-%20US%20Modern%20Army%20Sprue_zps7slzwub2

Contains 1 sprue with 85 pieces that have no flash.
This set gives you four (4) US Army soldiers. One is wounded and down on the ground, while another is trying to drag him to safety. The other two are vehicle based (Vehicle not included). One is hanging out of the door of the vehicle calling for assistance on the radio, while the other is manning the heavy weapons system on that vehicle. They show them on both the Up-Armored HUMMVE and the MRAP. All of them are loaded down with equipment to include: Camel Back hydration systems, Body armor, Holstered Pistols etc... Weapons provided for the figures include: MP7 with ACOG and Grenade Launcher, M-4 with EOTEC site, M-4 with Grenade Launcher and M-249 SAW with Aimpoint (variant) site and a Beretta M-9 Pistol. All the weapons (except the pistol) have some sort of telescopic/hydrographic sight system attached) please forgive me if I have the wrong one listed as there are so many new and similar systems being used today.
The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.
Conclusion: Another outstanding Modern US Infantry set.
The uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures.  I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Empty Re: Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170

Post  S P Hammerton Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Definitely on the shopping list
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170 Empty Re: Man Down! – US Modern Army, Middle East, Present Day. 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB35170

Post  ShawnGehling Wed May 13, 2015 7:57 pm

Simon,
I don't build a lot of modern stuff, but the guys in the set might make me change my mind.
The wounded guy and the guy pulling him out of the line of fire would make a great vignette all on their own.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Thu May 14, 2015 1:36 am

I'm very much moving over to modern stuff, so these modern US sets from MB are right up my street.
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu May 14, 2015 2:54 am

Simon,
Sounds good, I know that you will like all of the modern stuff they are putting out.
Did you see some of the older reviews that I did of some of their other modern stuff...
I think that have hit the nail on the head with their figures.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 am

I have seen the reviews Shawn, and I've bought most of the middle east sets based on your reviews.

So I know who to blame... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu May 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Simon,
I will take the blame, but not the credit.
I've had little or no input (except maybe a name or two) of Master Box and their great kits.
The team at Master Box deserve all the credit and their sculptor too.
Sometimes I get to tweek the name or do some research and write their "write-up" to go with the directions.
Other than that I am but a mere humble helper to make sure modelers like us get the right information
to buy/build great kits. As you can see I do review a lot of their kits, but I also review other kits and stuff,
if it's sent to me or if I buy it and think others will enjoy it.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down