Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!!

+44
mike walsh
Hauptmann T
TREEMENDUS
Wes2009
kolche
fledermaus
Adam Robins
Matthew Sinclair
Dundee Dude
brokeneagle
Legio_Italica
Pvt Mutt
stevenk
Richard Marchand
tigertanktoo
Sherman 18
Dragunov
eatcrow2
Cheyenne
alex
Ruben Lopez
vlad
Highlander
john bowery
Martyn Crowther
Jose A. Azorin
Richie
sharkmouth
Jose Luis Lopez
Markus Lack
holmerz
G Cooper
Blade57
Noel-Petroni
Shaggy
RickLawler
domin
Bob Letterman
noir
lupanzer
Panzer
Tancred
Kreighshoer
Jenny Ryan
48 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!!

Post  holmerz Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 am

Somehow I missed out on this, impressive work Jenny. Very fine detialing you are doing, I specially like all the bolts you added on the inside of the hull. Looking forward to see more.

\Erik
holmerz
holmerz
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Aarhus, Denmark

http://panzerik.blogspot.dk

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Jenny's build Marder II

Post  G Cooper Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 am

This just gets prettier and prettier every day. I see this and wonder how much time it takes you to do this. I imagine something like that Indian Goddess Vishnu with about ten arms or so going like crazy on the photo etch.

One thing to warn you about is the kits gun travel lock. When I built this kit I put the travel lock where they show it, and then the large ammo bin door can not open as the travel lock is in the way Evil or Very Mad . Maybe I just did something wrong, but with all the work you did on the ammo bin make sure the travel lock gives you enough clearance to open the door. What I have seen is that the kit piece is to far back. It should be as far forward as possible for the bin door to open.
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!!

Post  Jenny Ryan Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Okay Gary , thanks for the tip , I will make sure I test fit it all before assembly .

The ammo would not fit in the original parts , apparently Cyber hobby did PE inserts & the ammo still would not fit in, this is because the thickness of the side pieces in Plastic & that scale holes would not fit but with the whole bin in PE this will be betterer , now because of this they still tried to make the length right & apparently since the doors are not scale thickness , this may mean the plastic part was not scale length , hence the fit issue .

The book has 1/35th scale drawings that were done prior to the release of the Dragon kit so hopefully they are not "compromised" by the kit ! So I will check against it too .

Thanks for the heads up .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade57 Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm

You're amazing young lady. Every update showcases amazing workmanship and always the attention to details. And another year older, means another year more modeling 'wiser'. Keep up the terrific work.

Mike
Blade57
Blade57
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Sammamish, Washington, USA

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Tool Clamps

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:21 am

Well last night all I got done pretty much was assembling 12 tool clamps , I do not like the Voyager ones very much at all so I replaced them all with Aber ones .

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Toolclamps

Three big ones & Nine little ones , this is the most tedious job done so tonight I will fit all the tools in the clamps .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:41 am

argh! pe clamps, my old archenemy!

the big ones would be too small for my clumsy fingers and the small ones would be too big obstacles within any of my builds!

the more i have to admire your work jenny! Bravo Zulu!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty ...a hard task...

Post  lupanzer Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 pm

...I wonder,dearest...but,anyway an excelent job...!

Cheers!

Luiz.
lupanzer
lupanzer
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

Back to top Go down

Post  Markus Lack Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Wow, Jenny, you are moving with Lightspeed it seems affraid .
Great work with the PE!
Markus Lack
Markus Lack
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Germersheim/Germany

http://markus-lack.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:21 am

Nice work with these PE. Guess you have very small fingers. Smile

All these thingies in one evening. Hard work!

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty The hull front

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:38 pm

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments , well Johnny I have small fingers but I am only tiny anyway ! Very Happy

Well I have been doing work everywhere on the Marder but I wanted to show an update on the front top section of the Marder .

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Hullfront1

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Hullfront3

The Voyager PE set has a new armour plate that protects the gun mount , beautifully etched weld seams & fine wall thickness , throw Dragons plastic one piece in the bin thank you very much , a bit fiddly getting the supports lined up but well worth the effort .

The other main item I have added is the PE bracket that holds both the tow cable & the spare roadwheel . I used Karaoke cable & some lead foil for the cable crimps . Most of this detail will be lost anyway when I add the spare wheel .

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Hullfront2

The drivers / transmission access hatch has a replacement multi part lock , looks way cool when assembled . Very Happy oops , looks like I have to adjust the far lock guide plate Embarassed .

More soon

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

what a wonderful work jenny! so utmost brilliant! i love the hatches and that armor plate looks just awesome!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Jenny wrote
Hi Noel ,
Well I checked , they are the correct width & shape , but if you look at the Tamiya Wespe it has dot pattern anti slip where the set I have has cross pattern anti slip pattern , so you will have to check reference pictures to see if they used this pattern on them , you can only use about half the pattern as the second half is without tread pattern at all .

Thanks for your time to give me info on the fenders. I don't wish to buy them and use half of them.... so I decided to keep the plastic ones on!

The drivers / transmission access hatch is simply beautiful. Pity to hide this.... are you going to leave it in open mode?

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty ...great job so far...

Post  lupanzer Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:26 pm

...very nice Jenny!...I love the cable...

Keep up the good work!

Luiz
lupanzer
lupanzer
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:09 am

Jenny-
Great work so far, it looks very clean for all the p.e. you're adding. This is gonna be a beauty!

Shags jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Waterford,NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tancred Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Xtremely great work so far!

Tancred
Tancred
Tancred
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

http://www.ipmsmalta.com

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Ammo Boxes

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:56 am

Thank you Laura , Noel , Luiz , Shagster & Tancred for the lovely words . Very Happy cheers Well Noel the Driver/Transmission hatch will be open . Very Happy

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Ammunitionboxes5
I have finished detailing the exterior of the left hand sponson two shovels & a pick plus fittings , note the tarpaulin tie downs along the upper edge .
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Ammunitionboxes3
The left hand ammunition box , an axe is stowed outside of the vehicle , two small braces under the axe secure the ammunition box to the rim around the edge of the engine deck .
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Ammunitionboxes4
The tie downs continue in a row across the three ammunition boxes from one side to the other , note the tiny catches for the bins . The bottom of the stowage bin is not attached as yet so I can paint the inside of it so that is why there is a gap in the photos , the door is attached to the bottom & the hinges work .
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Ammunitionboxes1
The central ammo bin is hinged at the back & folds outward so the crew can access the engine bay doors for engine maintenance . Note the bumper stops which prohibit the ammo bin from folding past the vertical
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Ammunitionboxes2
The interior of the same middle ammo bin , note the reinforcements on the door , hinges , those tiny clamps again & the tie downs .

More soon Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:07 am

what a significant update jenny! very clean work! you are a real master!

i know what i will do with my sturer emil pe ... i send it to you to assemble it and you send it back to me when you are done! lol!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Go hard on PE Laura !

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:56 am

Kreighshoer wrote:what a significant update jenny! very clean work! you are a real master!

i know what i will do with my sturer emil pe ... i send it to you to assemble it and you send it back to me when you are done! lol!

Oh Laura , there is nothing hard to doing PE work Razz , You just need a big heap of patience & imagine how cool it will look when finished Very Happy ! With lots of encouragement from your friends you can do anything !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:46 am

..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I really admire your work!!!! I still can not belive what I have been looking at!!!

First was Goldfinger ..... then Goldeneye ... now, you are Goldenhands!!!

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S !!!!!!!
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Las Rozas, Madrid (Spain)

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty ...a difficult job...

Post  lupanzer Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi dearest!

...it´s a high difficult degree job...and you are doing a great work on this!...my congratulations...I´m following with a big interest...btw,did you already choice the painting scheme?

Regards!

Luiz.
lupanzer
lupanzer
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Your PE work is always very neat. Do you use 'etchmate' to fold the PE?

I use about 3 different pliers............... can't afford etchmate!

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Thanks everyone

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Thanks Noel , thanks Luiz , thanks Jose Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers cheers .

Noel , yes I have an etch mate , I am thinking of getting the newer one now . I love it , money well spent , it really is great for larger etch bits too like fenders , does them in no time Very Happy . I have all different pliers & tweezers too , a grab handler & the two Mission Model Multi tools (they are Richies but I "borrow" them) .

Well Luiz I have a scheme in mind , it is a DAK vehicle . Very Happy

Embarassed Thanks Jose Embarassed

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade57 Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:09 pm

New update, new details to drool over, and more masterful work to admire. Older age means eyes going bad, less steady hands, and muscle cramps when dealing with PE. I can get much of the pieces done, but forget where I put them...lol. Just jealous really. Terrific work and it just gets better every time you post. Are you sure Richie knows you "borrowed" his tools?

Mike
Blade57
Blade57
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Sammamish, Washington, USA

Back to top Go down

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Adjustments needed

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:40 am

Hey Mike , as long as you do not tell him we are right , he never reads my posts Wink ! Very Happy

Well thanks to Gary , he alerted me of a problem with the Dragon kit , being with the rear gun travel lock installed as per the Dragon instructions , there is no way the left ammo box door will open & close properly .

I was unaware there was an issue with this part of the kit , so Thanks Gary !!!!

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings4
Here you can see the white area where the slot where the part was meant to go was filled . The slot registers with a part on the forwardmost part of the travel lock . This is a good 7mm back from where the part should mount .
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings2
After Garys warning I checked the positioning of the real gunlock , the front lines up pretty much with the front edge of the engine bulkhead .
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings5
Of course it is a good idea to check the fit with the made up ammo box , just to be sure Very Happy . You may also notice the jack which is a standard Pz II jack which strangely was stowed inside the vehicle right next to the air filter . The Jack is from a company called M4 Models (there is not one provided with the kit ) & my friend Abilio got it for me Very Happy
Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings3

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings7
In this picture besides the jack are two wiring looms that run from the drivers section , underfloor to the engine compartment & also two gas mask tube holders (so the crew can use the filter without having to have it encumber them while operating the vehicle) , mounted on the left hand hull side of the vehicle . There is one provided in the kit but the kit has it mounted to the floor , since the voyager etch for the floor has a cut out for it I mounted it here but still made the mounts so it sits proud of the wall , I also made the other from scratch . Some strengtheners were added as well , just like on the real deal ! Very Happy

Jennys Build : Dragon Marder II ALL FINISHED SEPTEMBER 6th !!!!!! - Page 3 Fittings6
Here is the detailed rear plate of the Marder , whoops looks like I need to fill the hole behind the starter crank ! Rolling Eyes

I added WWII Production wingnuts instead of the brass two dimentional items to the starter access ports , the teeny fittings on either side are the clips for the springs off the hinged fender flaps to attach .

More soon .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm

good fix with the travel lock issue and splendid attention to the details jenny!

i hope "soon" will be very soon for an update as i love this sbs!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next