Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo"

4 posters

Go down

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" Empty New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo"

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:27 am

The changing world of warfare , when armies no longer wear uniforms and where there are no distinct battle fronts , when buisnessmen are being abducted and buisness enterprises are threatened , protection goes beyond the military to the Private Military Contractor (PMC) who is employed to protect civilian concerns . Military trained but working for the private sector these men are usually ex special forces , wearing a mix of military & civilian clothing but true professionals .

With such vital assets being predominant on the battlefield it is only logical that these PMC's are now available in kit form . Enter New World Miniatures with this kit of Private Military Contractor "Pablo" .
New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NWM35018

Sculpted by Jeff Meckley , in my opinion , the leading sculptor of Modern era figures who is the sculptor behind the Think 180 figures , this resin figure is beautifully sculpted in a very cool stance

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo002

As can be seen Pablo comes with a choice of two heads , the box art hatless figure with the cool shades and a figure wearing the standard US Ballistic Helmet without camouflaged cover .

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo003

Further it can be seen the figure comes with alternate right arms , the one on the box art is resting on the left or the alternate gesture "Flipping the bird" possibly to passing "regular soldiers" or other colleagues .

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo007

The beautifully detailed AR-15 M-4A1 needs careful handling to remove it unbroken from the sprue , first cut the large pour sprue from the bottom , then cut each individual runner from the gun , then remove the flash

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo004

Voila , we have a lovely detailed assault rifle (some more fine clean up required)

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo008

The detail on the main torso/leg casting , some minor flash on the legs , a sharp scalpel will soon clean that up , note the reversed fanny pack , texture of the belt , the pistol holster and ammo pouches on the Molle vest .

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo006

The detail continues on the back of the figure , note the detail of the surecatch on the fanny pack belt , superb and the camelback hydration system , the knee guard pad charecteristically worn around the ankle and the converse air sneakers !

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo005

The figure assembled as of the box top , note the right arm & gun is blue tacked in place for the review and the head is a good fit without glue . Note the detail of the neck scarf and the mouth piece for the camelback .

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo013

And here the difference of the alternate head and right arm , it is hard to believe it is the same figure . Evident is the close fit of parts , remember the right arms are not even attached but are a perfect gap free fit !

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo010

The nature of the "uniform" of the PMC means that these figures are easily adaptable to be US Military with little to no conversion , specially as a Special forces operative perhaps .

Beautifully detailed , superbly posed figure , if your genre is modern , then treat yourself to this awesome figure . My thanks go to Chris Mrosko of New World Miniatures for providing this figure for review . You can see this and other figures on the New World Miniatures Website

Very Highly Recommended

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" Empty Re: New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo"

Post  Matthew Sinclair Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 am

Jenny Croft wrote:
New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" NewworldminiaturesPablo010

Ha! Well at least he's got a sense of humour. This dude would look quite nice against a HMMWV and done up as an SF soldier as Jenny suggested. Oh the possibilities.

Matt
Matthew Sinclair
Matthew Sinclair
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Winnipeg, Canada

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" Empty Re: New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo"

Post  Graywolf Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:51 am

Both of the PMCs of New World Miniatures look superb. I bought Rambo figure as I read Jenny's review and I can say sculpting and casting are really great. Just need a short cleanwork and maybe a little care for the correct fit of M4 to armpit when assemblying the right arm and hand carrying the rifle. Alternative head is also a great bonus.
Jeff did great job on both of the figures,maybe he can see this as the third one. Laughing
best regards
Engin
New World Miniatures Private Military Contractor "Pablo" Ae258d2fmb5
Graywolf
Graywolf
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Turkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:01 am

Sweet looking character you've got there.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down