Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front

4 posters

Go down

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front Empty Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 am

Master Box German Infantry “Off to the Front” Vehicle Riders, WW-II Era in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB35137
Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front <a href=Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front OfftotheFrontBoxFront_zps4afa50f4" />
By: Shawn W. Gehling
This is a set based on German Infantry men riding off to battle in relaxed poses (this is another great set for figure painters and those of us that enjoy figures in a “non combat” pose).  
Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front <a href=Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front OfftotheFrontboxrear_zps28bf6777" />
The Kit:
Contains 2 sprues with 112 pieces that have no flash.
1 Sprue is the German Soldiers with 58 Pieces
Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front <a href=Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front OfftotheFrontFiguresSprue_zps26659f34" />
1 Sprue it the German Weapons and Equipment with 54 Pieces. This is the German Weapons set #35115.
Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front <a href=Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front OfftotheFrontWeaponsandEquipmentSprue1_zps338b77c5" />
This set contains six (6) figures of seated German Infantry. These can be anywhere the German Army worked and fought. All six are seated and in a relaxed pose. Anyone that enjoys building soft skinned German vehicles will love this set. They can be mixed and matched to build a bunch of vehicle riders. There is a huge amount of German weapons and equipment that comes with them, and the uniforms and equipment look accurate.
Conclusion: Master Box has done it again, producing six excellent looking figures all in non combat or relaxed poses.
Uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures.  I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Last edited by ShawnGehling on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm stupid???)
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front Empty Correction to my writing

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 am

Simon,
Thanks for keeping me honest...
Thanks again mate.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front Empty Re: Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front

Post  John T Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks for the review Shawn, they look like handy figures!

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front Empty Re: Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm

JT,
Thanks,
These are some really nice looking figures and I like that you can mix and match them. So anyone that is looking at filling up their German vehicles with soldiers, this is a really cool set to get. Plus the fact that they come with a ton of weapons and equipment really makes it nice.
Anyone that remembers throwing all those old Tamiya cookie cutter seated figures into your vehicles will really like the way you can make these guys into a bunch of ready to go fight for the Fatherland vehicle riders.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankbuilder2 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Shalom Shawn.

This would make an excellent adition to the 8-ton German Prime  Mover with an 88mm gun being towed behind it. Far, far better than the crew of identical clones tat Tamiya gives witheir kit.

Cheers from Peter

Last edited by Tankbuilder2 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  hmgroth Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 am

Maybe mix up a set of four to fill my Simca!

Mark:study: 
hmgroth
hmgroth
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Richmond, VA USA

http://a-model-citizen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front Empty Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front

Post  ShawnGehling Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 am

Peter,
I couldn't agree with you more.cheers 
Mark,
I'm not sure that the Germans used a lot of Simca's???confused confused 
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  hmgroth Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Shawn,

They may not have used a lot, and they may not have been on the front lines, but . . .

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front SimcaBoxArt800w_zps3d791a3f-1

Master Box - German Infantry Off to the Front SimcaPhoto800w_zps87d85b29-1

Mark study
hmgroth
hmgroth
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Richmond, VA USA

http://a-model-citizen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 am

Sweet.
Yup, I guess you could try and stack a few in there...
I wonder if they used to see how many they could fit in one, like we used to see how many people you could cram into a VW Beatle??? LOL
That would be a great dio. LOL
I was thinking of the more modern Simca, I didn't know anyone make a kit of this one, Thanks.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down