Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II

2 posters

Go down

Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II Empty Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:27 am

I'd just like to say WOW, it's nice so see these really nice weapons in this set. I'm looking forward to seeing the other weapons sets that they are planning to release.
The Kit:

https://2img.net/h/i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss175/shawngehling/Master%20Box%20British%20Infantry%20Weapons%20WW-II/BritishInfantryWepaonsWW-IIrear_zpsdb88b5b2.jpg?t=1371964636

Contains 1 sprue with 40 pieces that have no flash.

https://2img.net/h/i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss175/shawngehling/Master%20Box%20British%20Infantry%20Weapons%20WW-II/BritishInfantryWepaonsWW-IISprue_zpsaba93ac7.jpg?t=1371964625

The kit contains the following weapons:
Four Sten Sub Machine guns (one MK II, two MK III, two MK V) all with a 32 round detachable magazine. Four Lee-Enfield Rifles (One No. 1 MKI with Bayonet, One No. 1 MK III, One No. 4 MK I and one No. 4 MK 1 with bayonet). One Bren MK I Machine gun with bipod, One Boys Anti-Tank Rifle with monopod, One Lewis gun with bipod, One Piat Anti-Tank weapon, One Enfield MK 2 Revolver and one Vickers MK I medium Machine Gun with water can and two different ammo cans (one opened and one closed). It also comes with two different Tripods (both of my review tripods broke in transit). The only draw back is that it doesn't come with the rubber tubing to run from the gun to the water can, but since I have a ton of thin plastic coated wire this will not be a problem. It also comes with six “Tommy” style steel helmets.
Conclusion: This is a pretty cool set of weapons for anyone that builds British or Common Wealth figures, vehicles or Dioramas.
I highly recommend this kit for anyone who enjoys figures and wants to add cool British weapons to their dioramas. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II Empty Re: Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II

Post  Tankbuilder2 Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Shalom Shawn.

I see that the PIAT (Platoon Infantry Anti-Tank) weapon comes loaded.

As far as the tubing for the Vickers gun is concerned, thin solder is ideal for that as it can be easily bent to follow any curve you want.
 Nice to see that MB included a short run of ammo belt for the gun.

The Vickers is a very welcome addition to many who build the Tamiya L.R.D.G. Chevrolet truck.

It's nice that MB gives two types of Lee Enfield rifles. The No.1 Mk III LE was the type used in 1940 France and during the North African Campaign.

A bit of trivia about the Sten gun.When being carried but not ready for immediate action the cooling jacket with the magazine attached could be rotated down so that it was vertical like the German machine pistols to protect the action from dirt.

A neat scene using a STEN gun is to have a figure throwing the loaded gun into a room or building. Canadian troops often did that because the STEN would hit the floor and start firing.

Cheers

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II Empty MB British Infantry Weapons

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Peter,
Always great to hear from you...
Even better when you part some of the vast wisdom that you have on us
(non British/Commonwealth) builders. cheers
I prefer grenades for clearing a room, but I can see how a sten would do a
pretty good job too... LOL
affraidaffraid
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II Empty Re: Master Box British Infantry Weapons WW-II

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down