Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583

2 posters

Go down

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 Empty German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583

Post  ShawnGehling Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:12 am

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryboxfront_zpsefba3228" />

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryboxrear_zps1917e561" />

By: Shawn Gehling

This is an excellent kit based on German SS Infantry gathering liberated supplies for their next meal on the Eastern Front. The uniforms appear to be from the Spring or Summer and they are wearing their camouflaged smocks and helmet covers.
The Kit:

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryfiguredirections_zpsdca55f54" />

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryspruebreakdown_zps368c289c" />

Contains 2 sprues with 175 pieces that have no flash.
The first sprue is the figures and contains 63 pieces and is in light grey plastic

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryfiguresprue_zps482f609c" />

The second sprue is Master Box’s German Infantry Weapons set (MB35115) and is also sold separately and contains 112 pieces (weapons and equipment) molded in dark grey plastic.

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 <a href=German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 GermanEliteInfantryWeaponssprue_zps8d70be97" />

This kit contains five German SS Infantry figures all are in relaxed poses (walking) returning from liberating their next meal from the local populace. One is carrying two chickens, one has a helmet full of eggs and one is carrying a head of cabbage (or could be made to look like fruit).
The weapons set allows you to arm and equip them how you want as it carries an array of German equipment and weapons used on the Eastern Front to include: 6 helmets, 6 gas mask canisters, 8 water bottles (two without the canteen cups attached), 10 entrenching tools (5 early and 5 late war issue), 8 Mess Tins (2 without covers), 1 pair of binoculars and ammo pouches, drums, magazines or boxes for all of the weapons provided (2 of the MG ammo boxes are open and come with belted ammo).
Weapons include: 2 P38 Pistols (with holsters), 3 Lugar pistols (with holsters), 2 Gewehr 43/Karabiner 43 rifles (one with a scope), 6 KAR 98 Rifles, (2 have bayonets attached and 2 have different type scopes), 2 STG 44 assault rifles, 2 MP-40 Machine Pistols and 2 Bergman Machine Pistol 35’s, 1 MG 34 machinegun with two different bipods (open and closed), 1 MG 42 machinegun with two different bipods (open and closed) both have the ammo feed area molded separately, 2 Soviet PPSh-41 sub machine guns and various magazines for the weapons that take them. There are 3 model 43 stick grenades and 3 model 39 (egg shaped) grenades. All in all this is a great kit all by itself.
Conclusion: Once again Master Box has released another set of figures that are a “diorama in a box” and can be displayed alone, or you can put them in a diorama with vehicles or building, again the possibilities are endless.
The uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
I highly recommend this kit for anyone who enjoys figures and wants to add cool British weapons to their dioramas.   I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 Empty Re: German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583

Post  tigertanktoo Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

I've always liked the figures that Alexander Surzhenko of Master box models puts out. I still feel bad I didn't get his Ukraine flag sent off to him from Iraq. Alex is probably still mad at me about that. I wonder how his gang is doing with all the unrest that's going on over there right now? Have you spoken with him lately?
tigertanktoo
tigertanktoo
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Newport News, Virginia

http://army.togetherweserved.com/profile/137560

Back to top Go down

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 Empty Re: German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583

Post  ShawnGehling Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Chris,
I E-mail him all the time. Last I heard from them, they were wall fine.
Do you still have the flag?
I have his address if you need it.
I'm sure he holds no ill feelings.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  tigertanktoo Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:59 pm

I probably do have it somewhere between Georgia and Virginia in storage. With all the moving we've been doing, I don't know where half my stuff is. There's a conex in Georgia at my cousins house and a storage room here in Virginia loaded to the ceiling with stuff. It could be anywhere.
tigertanktoo
tigertanktoo
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

German Elite Infantry – Eastern Front WW-II era in 1/35th Scale, Kit # MB3583 Empty German Elite Infantry

Post  ShawnGehling Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 am

No worries.
If you find it, I'm sure he would be happy to get it.
Whenever.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  tigertanktoo Thu May 01, 2014 9:17 pm

I'll look around what I have in storage here and see if I have it or not, but I'm afraid it's down in Georgia somewhere. I could always buy another one. I think I still have the certificate on a thumb drive as well.
tigertanktoo
tigertanktoo
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Fri May 02, 2014 4:16 am

I wouldn't worry about it...
Whenever you find it that will be fine.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down