Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale

3 posters

Go down

Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale Empty Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 pm

[img]Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale FriendlyBoxingmatchFront_zps72f0c42c[/img]
Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale
By Shawn Gehling
[img]Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale FriendlyBoxingmatchRear_zpsc36764be[/img]
This is one of the best looking sets so far in my opinion. A true diorama in a box. First let me say that the amount of variation in uniforms is great and covers lots of different parts of both countries uniforms used during that era.
History: Many units during this time period had Boxers in their ranks, Also inter service rivalry was high even down to the unit level, nevermind between countries. This type of competition was very big and many a man's pay was won or last on these activities.
The Kit:
Contains 2 sprues with 62 pieces that have no flash.
[img]Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale FriendlyBoxingmatchSpureA_zpse962b3cc[/img]
[img]Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale FriendlyBoxingmatchSprueB_zps14428ad4[/img]
It has nine figures and one dog: Two boxers (one from each service), Two trainers for the boxer (one from each service), each with a canteen from that service and a towel in case their boxer gets into trouble. Two US Paratroopers in fatigues and one with a camera in regular dress. Two British Paratroopers in twill uniforms. (the British can be of any service (not just paratroopers) along with the US camera man. You will also find one of the figures has a cigarette in his hand and one has a “tin cup” which I'm sure has tea, not an alcoholic beverage in it.
It also contains various headgear that would have been worn by these units.
Conclusion: It appears that Master Box has another really nice release.
The uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these units should not be too hard to find.
I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
Here is a link to my photo bucket account so you can see the full version of the pictures.
http://s573.beta.photobucket.com/user/shawngehling/library/Master%20Box%20Friendly%20Boxing%20Match
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale Empty Re: Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale

Post  hmgroth Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 am

Lots of potential for using many of these figures in other settings, too Smile Very versatile.

Mark
hmgroth
hmgroth
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Richmond, VA USA

http://a-model-citizen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale Empty Re: Master Box “Friendly Boxing Match”: British and American Paratroopers, World War II Era in 1/35th Scale

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am

Mark,
I couldn't agree more. I can think of at least a dozen other dio's that these could be put into... I think it's a very cool set.
Thanks for posting
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankbuilder2 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Master Box makes some excellent figures and additions in styrene that used to be available only in resin. I love the detail in these figures.

One thing that Master Box could do to improve their sets is add numbers to the parts trees.

Sometimes you can even mix parts from different figures to create a new pose.

Cheers and gappy new year

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Chris,
I guess that would be good, but if you look at the directions on the back of the box, and the sprues (and don't cut too many pieces off at one time), this shouldn't be a problem. Has your little helper with the funny hair been playing with the small parts of your model sprues again? LOL
I too like how some of their kits can be multi-pose too.
Nice
Happy New years back at cha
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down