Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954 bust

3 posters

Go down

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust Empty AC models French Officer Indochina 1954 bust

Post  Bulldog Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:31 pm

French Officer Indochina 1954 by AC Models
Scale 1/12th
Resin
Sculpted by A. Cairns
Box Art painted by A. Cairns

I recieved this bust from Andrew Cairns for this review. The Bust came in a sturdy white box with a photo of the painted bust on top. It was in a zip-lock bag and wrapped in bubble wrap. No parts in my sample were broken.
AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust IMG_0010

Now I will be the first to admit this is not an era I have any reference on. As a matter of fact until I recieved this bust I didn't give this time frame or war much thought. But thanks to A. Cairns that has changed with this very interesting bust. Also while at a local show i noticed a fellow modeler looking through a book he had just purchased and there was the fellow the bust was sculpted after I believe. And I must admit the bust is a very good likeness of him.

The bust is cast in grey resin and consist of four parts. The torso. right and left arms and a base. AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust IMG_0011

The casting is quite clean with a few slight seams that were very easy to remove. My figure had a tiny air-bubble in his one finger but was easy to fill so no problem there.

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust IMG_0005

The detail on this bust is very good. The undercut of the t-shirt is nice as are the folds in the clothing. The sticthing on the bill of the hat is also quite nice.
The fit of the arms to the torso was quite good with only a small amount of filler needed. The drape of the maps over his left arm is also well done. A. cairns did a nice job on the busts face as it is very animated.
AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust IMG_0007
AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust IMG_0006

There are no instructions or painting guide included, but A. Cairns box art is well done and his camo will help. Again a little research and you are on your way to learning something new.

I like this bust it's something very different for me and i think a very interesting addition to the bust already out there on the market. It covers an era that seems to have been forgotten and a war that has been forgotten by time. Check out his line of figures and bust as he covers eras that are interesting and not well covered in the bust and figure field.
My thanks to mr. Cairns for the bust and a chance to review his work. Another very interesting addition to my collection
Regards Brock
Bulldog
Bulldog
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Gambier, Ohio USA

Back to top Go down

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust Empty Nice Brock

Post  Jenny Ryan Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:52 am

I really feel a similar thing with a new project , the research that you spend on a new era involves you in the history of that conflict . It is a great journey that you travel .

A figure such as this offers more than a painting challenge , it is a broadening of knowledge which makes the project a lot more rewarding .

Jenny
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust Empty Looks like Brigadier General Langlais

Post  Panzer Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Looks like Brigadier General Langlais, I will have to find this one.
Looks nice.
Panzer
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

AC models French Officer Indochina 1954  bust Empty Re: AC models French Officer Indochina 1954 bust

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down