Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer

3 posters

Go down

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Empty Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:29 am

Well I got the first of two surprises when an odd shaped package arrived for me , it was the German DAK Panzer Officer I had been waiting for , this is the last of the figures to go into my xLbL build here. But what makes this figure different straight away is the packaging , in a bottle !!!!

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Figurereviews001
The bottle is recyclable plastic with a metal lid , this itself comes in a plastic bag & inside this the figure is well packed .

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Figurereviews002
It was when I finally got the figure out of the jar that you get the second surprise , not one but two badly battle damaged Jerry Cans !!!! These are real gems themselves & one can imagine the Commander pointing the one with the bullet hole through it to his crew & its contents will make some awesome weathering effects .

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Figurereviews003bonus
The cans in detail both come with seperate handles & the central weld seam is moulded integrally .

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Figurereviews003
The figure is wearing Jodhpurs standard DAK Tunic & high laced boots with a belt , seperate pistol pouch , integrally moulded binoculars & has the DAK field cap with goggles , the "Bottle" art shows him gesturing with his right hand & holding a map in the left hand . The map however is not included . The figure is cast beautifully with no seam lines visible on the main body or head , there is some small elements of flash between the fingers that a sharp scalpel will fix.

I have not assembled the figure yet but will update this thread on fit issues or lack of them . I have compared the size of the figure to the Alpine figures & it scales out well in all respects , the level of detail in the sculpting of the figure is on a par as well which is a great thing .

Being how I will re-use the little jar for something modelling related , the quality of the figure & the bonus two Jerry cans I am extremely happy with the figure & it comes highly recommended .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Empty Re: Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:10 am

*sing* "tanker in a bottle, yeah - tanker in a bottle, yeah" ... way cool idea of packing a figure! open bottle, take out figure and accessory insert vodka, enjoy both!

that figure looks phantastic as do the jerry cans! that will give the opportunity of loads of scenery possibilities! Very Happy
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Empty Re: Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer

Post  Tarok Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:20 am

Good review, Jenny.

I've recently acquired this figure and I'll agree with your assessment on all accounts. Regarding the Jerry cans, you can see them buried in the sand on the box-art - but it's a pity that the map isn't supplied.

(BTW, an odd question, but did your bottle smell funny when you opened it? )

Rudi Smile

Tarok
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 am

Yes it did , the Neograde resin has a pungent odour , like Legends stuff . I have some of their accessory sets, they all reek real bad ! Razz

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Well I finished the figure Very Happy , unfortunately I bumped him as I went to photograph him & his index finger fell off Crying or Very sad & I cannot find it !

So I added some brass wire & coated it with Mr Surfacer 500 & I will fix it up when he dries .

Neo Grade German DAK Panzer Officer Figurereviews012

the head is a Hornet one , not through a fault to the other one , it was the expression I was after . I used the kit cap with the head removed with a router in my dremel .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down