Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust

3 posters

Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust

Post  Bulldog Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:00 am

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust

Hello,
Well while attending an IPMS show this weekend I was lucky enough to find the following bust. As most who attend IPMS shows might know finding bust and figures in a larger scale than 1/35th isn't always easy. I was glad when I saw this new bust at the CRM Hobbies table. So with money in my pocket I purchased it and a 1/35th figure by New World Miniatures. As most might know by now this is the new company started by Chris Mrosko. On to the review.

New World Miniatures
German Cossack bust 1/9th scale
Cost $35.00
Purchased from CRM Hobbies
Sculpted by Matt Springer

The bust came packaged in a clear plastic box which allows you a view of the bust. Also included in the box is a photo of the finished bust by Matt Springer. Mr Springer is also the sculpter of the bust.

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust IMG_0087

The bust is cast in grey resin. The bust is cast as one piece. The casting and detail overall are very nice.

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust IMG_0078

I found no airbubbles on the casting. The only clean up on the bust was a very faint seam line that a scotch brite pad removed with a few swipes.

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust IMG_0089-1

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust IMG_0082

I found this to be a nice bust. Very clean with very nice detail. Mr Springer did a very nice job. His painted bust shown in the photo is also very well done. I hope to see more bust from Chris Mrosko and New World Miniatures. I hope my review will be helpful and I will try to improve with each new one. Also becaused I was asked, no I will never pull a punch while reviewing a bust or figure. I will be honest and fair. If I buy a bust that has serious problems I will frist write the manufacturer letting them know the problems I found on my exsample and then I will post my review. It's our money and I want you guys to know what I know. Also please respond to my reviews and let myself and others know what you think if you also purchased the reviewed item. Thank you. Regards Brock Hopkins III
Bulldog
Bulldog
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Gambier, Ohio USA

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty The detail looks superb

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 am

The detail looks very nice , I just received my first bust which was painted for me by Luiz as a part of my christmas present Very Happy .

As the one Luiz sent was already on a base , do they normally come with any mounting stuff ? Or just as is ?

Thanks for posting Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty Mounts for Bust

Post  Bulldog Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:05 am

Jenny,
Hello and a belated Happy New Year. This bust did not come with a base. Some do come with small stands. But most bust painters mount their bust on really nice wood bases and such. I very rarely if ever use a kit supplied base. I hope to post a few works very soon. Also as I have a habit of buying more than building as of late, I have a number of bust and figures I would like to review for your site so others can see and know a little about the item. If this is ok with you and the others. Some are last year release but many didn't get much notice so it might be what someone here is looking for. When I do a review I will always be fair. I will never trash or destory a bust figure or model I review. For one most of the releases are quite good. So look for more reviews coming up and as time allows. I do need to build. I hope all will enjoy the reviews and get info from them. Best Regards Brock aka Bulldog. Very Happy
Bulldog
Bulldog
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty Re: New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:49 am

Sure Brock ,

I very much appreciate that you will review for us , it does not matter if the item is new or just new to you . If you want to review the item , we would love to see your views on them . Very Happy

Happy new year to you too . I also buy more than build , but it is no problem . As a Blonde I feel every model I buy is another set of shoes I am not ! Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty A retirement plan

Post  Bulldog Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:03 am

Jenny,
Think of it as a retirement plan. It will keep us busy for years after we retire. Brock Laughing
Bulldog
Bulldog
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty Thanks Brock

Post  Panzer Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Thanks Brock
NWM plans on ROCKING the Modeling world in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah Baby!
Can you dig it!
Panzer
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty No thanks needed Dawg

Post  Bulldog Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Chris,
No thanks needed it is an outstanding bust. And I can't wait to see more from you and NWM. I know you well enough to know your going to shake things up in the fig world. Regards Brock
Bulldog
Bulldog
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty That's a fact JACK!

Post  Panzer Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:08 am

That's a fact JACK! got me some new sculptors and a few new painters and
Badda Bing!
Panzer
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust Empty Re: New World Miniatures German Cossack Bust

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down