Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New P61B from Dragon!

4 posters

Go down

New P61B from Dragon! Empty New P61B from Dragon!

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Cruising around Dragon looking for the M55 Quad gun mount I see they have a new P61B in route to the LHS and online warehouses.
http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=DRA5036
New P61B from Dragon! L_DRA5036
Hope they don't mind lifting their image
If you don't know about the P61 you've missed out. Not only a very capible night fighter and first fighter built with on board Radar in mind it flew in every theater of operations during WWII.

quoting from Dragon's website:
Dragon has produced a fantastic 1/72 scale plastic kit of the Black Widow. This Premium Edition kit depicts a P-61B variant. The improved P-61B featured more effective SCR-720C A/I radar and a slightly lengthened nacelle. To enhance its night-fighting capability, night-vision binoculars were combined with an optical gunsight. The standard procedure was for Black Widow pilots to use their onboard radar to plot intercepting courses when pursuing an enemy aircraft. The pilot then used visual identification to attack his target. Dragon’s kit builds upon the accurate foundation of its previous P-61 kit, but it features numerous improvements to allow modelers to assemble an extremely realistic model. This Premium Edition kit has an array of newly designed photo-etched parts to upgrade details and improve the aircraft’s look. Instead of hunting for enemy prey, this P-61B Black Widow from Dragon is set to be the target of model aircraft connoisseurs!

I remember building the Monogram P61 a hundred years ago (it seems), it's a wonderful aircraft with that aggressive twin boom/engine look, reminiscent to the P38 Lightening. The Scale is a little small for my eyes, if the price is right I'll give it a shot. Nice to see it coming with pre painted PE for the cockpit and replacing the radar antenna with PE, it should build up to a very nice representation of a gorgeous Wingy Thingy.

Back to top Go down

New P61B from Dragon! Empty Re: New P61B from Dragon!

Post  Shaggy Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Moon puppy-
I know I just woke up, but isn't that P-61
AN AIRPLANE?????

There aren't any tracks or anything ! Shame on you. No

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Waterford,NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:05 pm

a sexy looking plane this is mp! i always had thought the p-38 lightning was the only plane with twin booms within the usaaf ...

will you find time to build this one over here in the others? would be fab!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Bob Muckley wrote:Moon puppy-
I know I just woke up, but isn't that P-61
AN AIRPLANE?????

There aren't any tracks or anything ! Shame on you. No

Shaggy jocolor

I'm a trend setter....

1:72 is a bit small for my eyes, though this is a rather large aircraft. The only 1:72 I've done since returning to the hobby was a AT11/Beech 18. That's about as small as I'd like to go. Who knows, maybe there will be one on the horizon, peaking over the tree tops, looking for fat plump targets of opportunity...like Tanks...

BTW, this is a very under represented subject in the model world, I'm sure we'll see a few builds come along shortly after it's released.

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 am

Its a great kit that benefits from the Eduard sets available for it... oops, my aircraft modeler side is showing!

Regards,
Saúl
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

sharkmouth wrote:... oops, my aircraft modeler side is showing!

Regards,
Saúl

too late, you're busted!

Please share pictures if you have them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Moon puppy - an airplane and not in 1/35. Sorry, but such things I am not allowed to build. lol! lol! lol!

I hope, that some more producers make some wing-thingies in 1/35. About Trumpeters "Fieseler Storch" I am hppy - so we can make our long planned Diorama "Gran Sasso Raid".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 am

You know there's bunches of things in 1:32 scale as well. and you don't have to slap mud all over them! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:46 am

Moon Puppy wrote:You know there's bunches of things in 1:32 scale as well. and you don't have to slap mud all over them! lol!

If you can't slap mud all over them , what's the point? tongue

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Waterford,NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:16 am

Bob Muckley wrote:
Moon Puppy wrote:You know there's bunches of things in 1:32 scale as well. and you don't have to slap mud all over them! lol!

If you can't slap mud all over them , what's the point? tongue

Shaggy jocolor

Shaggy ,

We will introduce them all to Mr Mud when we teach them all about Newtons Law of Gravity , hey ?

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down