Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011

2 posters

Go down

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 Empty MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011

Post  ShawnGehling Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 am

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 MengBeerBottles1_zps6a2c5733

MENG – Beer Bottles (Supply Series) Kit # SPS-011 in 1/35th Scale

By Shawn W. Gehling

If you are looking to add more realism to your modern AFV or diorama, that is if your crew likes beer, this is a must have. The kit comes with sixteen (16) green beer bottles in four (4) different sizes cast in a light green/clear plastic. The only thing that I can think of that would make these better is if they came with decals for beer company labels. But I’m sure that I can find an emblem to print from the computer. The only thing you have to do is cut them off the sprue and paint the caps (or if you really want to go crazy you can always use a pin vice drill and open the mouth of the bottle and maybe use some acrylic gel and make your figure drinking or pouring the beer out of the bottles.  
The Kit:
MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 MengBeerBottles2_zps6b0240d9

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 MengBeerBottles3_zpse7b2dfaa
Contains 1 plastic bag with sixteen (16) green beer bottles in four (4) different sizes cast in a light green/clear plastic.
Conclusion: If you plan to build your next diorama and want to have your crew celebrating with a cold beer, this set will really go well with it. Check out their website http://www.meng-model.com/ to see what other items (models or supplies) they have that can really make your diorama come to life.
I highly recommend this set of Beer Bottles for anyone who enjoys building dioramas and needs to keep their forces hydrated with a cold brew.  I purchased this set at my local Hobby Town USA (Lynnwood, Washington USA). The price was $9.95 which I think is a great value.

Last edited by ShawnGehling on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meng web site was wrong.)
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 Empty Re: MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011

Post  tigertanktoo Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 am

Now those would look good in a DAK Panzer IV. Much better than the water bottles. LOL. Very Happy
tigertanktoo
tigertanktoo
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Newport News, Virginia

http://army.togetherweserved.com/profile/137560

Back to top Go down

MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011 Empty Re: MENG - Beer Bottles for vehicles/dioramas in 1/35th scale Kit #SPS-011

Post  ShawnGehling Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:36 am

Chris,
You would have to add the cork stoppers, and metal cork holder, but that would make a cool dio.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down