Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box Europe 1945

2 posters

Go down

Master Box Europe 1945 Empty Master Box Europe 1945

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 am

Master Box “Europe 1945” in 1/35th Scale

This is one of their earlier kits, but the figures are great and it gives you two civilian figures of woman in period clothing and one enlisted US Paratrooper and one US Officer (Pilot) figure enjoying some Rest and Relaxation (R & R) with some local woman. These can be pretty much any city in Europe that has been liberated.
The Kit:
https://2img.net/h/i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss175/shawngehling/Master%20Box%20Europe%201945/Europe1945rear_zpsc4147a53.jpg?t=1371964943

Contains 1 sprue with 31 pieces that have no flash and a cool set of decals with rank, years in service and unit markings (They are a little unclear as to which decals goes where on the uniforms, but any good book that shows both Paratroopers and Aircrew/Pilots will be great for reference).
https://2img.net/h/i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss175/shawngehling/Master%20Box%20Europe%201945/Europe1945sprue_zps65482338.jpg?t=1371964955
https://2img.net/h/i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss175/shawngehling/Master%20Box%20Europe%201945/Europe1945Decals_zpsffff8da7.jpg?t=1371964949
It has four figures: Two woman (both are wearing short sleeved dresses or blouses and skirts. One has a hand bag and hat, while the other does not. They both appear to be happy to accompany the soldier/airman that they are with. The Enlisted Paratrooper has a bottle of wine or champagne. They can be built and displayed in pairs or as a group.
Conclusion: As I said, this is any early release and pretty much set the standard of the other great kits that Master Box has come out with. Many figure builders like non-combat or relaxed poses and this one really brings you to a quiet little spot for them to enjoy a little down time. These are some great looking Military figures with civilians woman to fill the very large gap in this area of modeling. It also gives you endless diorama idea's using woman.
I highly recommend both these kits for anyone who enjoys figures and wants to add civilians to their dioramas. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box Europe 1945 Empty Re: Master Box Europe 1945

Post  Tankbuilder2 Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Shalom Shawn.

That is a nice set of figures. I have it and got it just for the women in it. Want to swap my guys from it for your women? ;<)

The only thing I think would improve these sets is if MB gave either a separate hat for the head or gave a choice of heads. At least it's not too hard to remove the hat and scribe hair where the hat was.

I think MB is leading the way for styrene civilian figures - such figures that were long overdue.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder2
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

Master Box Europe 1945 Empty MB Europe 1945

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:27 pm

Peter,
I don't think I want to get into the international trade of woman. :affraid:LOL
I have plans for this set of figures, so I will have to pass on sending my woman
to you in Canada. jocolor
I agree that Master Box is leading the way with their figures and the fact that they
have so many sets with Woman and Children, it's great to have them around.cheers

I think if I was going to build a bunch of them, I would have to get some heads
from one of the many really cool after market sets to make them look different.
But the one in the set is fine for what I'm planning. I guess it would be nice to have
the hat molded separate (Their set of WW-II woman is done that way, so I'd venture
to say they listened to the modelers after they released this set). Wink
That is one of the really nice parts of what Master Box does. They even put the kit up on their site so modelers can see it before it goes into production and tell them what's wrong with it so they can fix it before they punch out a million copies and no one whats it. You have to give them credit for that one.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box Europe 1945 Empty Re: Master Box Europe 1945

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down