Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch

4 posters

Go down

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch Empty The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch

Post  Jon R. Harrison Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:50 pm

For those of you who are not aware, this book has been around for a long long time. First as a hard bound with a price pushing the 100.00 dollar mark for a new copy, and now a soft bound addition. Aside from the method of binding both books contain the same information and as you are going to be using this as an occasional reference work the soft volume is the best buy. Unless you just prefer a hard bound. I purchased my through Amazon for about 20.00 new but they may have a used copy available for much less and the used ones are almost like new so this is the best buy of all.

Should you be looking for a shoot im up Bang, bank war story this book is not for you. It actually makes almost boring reading but very interesting and chuck full of statistics and info for the history buff. Topics range from the first chapter " Establishment and Operational Deployment of Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 197"
to the transition to Jagdtigers. There are many insights into the daily operation of the the units and glimpses into the life of tankers.

The tome is also full of photographs, many of which I have never before seen published. a section devoted to colour illustrations is also included and there are
also a number of drawing and plans.

All in all I would recommend this book to anyone who loves these heavy monsters and is a fan of this unit.

JON
Jon R. Harrison
Jon R. Harrison
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch Empty Re: The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:46 am

I agree , I have this book & the 653 rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch Empty Great Book!

Post  Panzer Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 am

One of the best ever published!.
Panzer
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch Empty heavy 653

Post  Jon R. Harrison Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Amazon now has this book for just over 19.00 and some used copies for 17.00. I don't think you will ever find it cheaper. I am waiting for a paper back version of his book on 653's sister unit.
JON
Jon R. Harrison
Jon R. Harrison
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch Empty Re: The Combat History of Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II bu Karlheinz Munch

Post  sharkmouth Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi Jon,

I have the signed hardbound copies as well as the softcover ones for my workbench. There is a marked difference in photograph reproduction quality as well as less photographs in the soft cover than in the hard cover. This should not detract people from buying it as this books, along with Tigers in Combat I & II re now within the financial reach of hobbyists.

Thanks for the book review.
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down