Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa

4 posters

Go down

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa Empty Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 am

Hand to Hand Fighting-British and German Infantry, North Africa Kit 1- WW-II era in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB3592

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa HandtoHandfightingBritishandGermanNorthAfricafront

By Shawn W. Gehling

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa HandtoHandfightingBritishandGermanNorthAfricaback

This is another set based on German Infantry soldiers fighting hand to hand against British Infantry soldiers in North Africa.

The Kit:

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa HandtoHandfightingBritishandGermanNorthAfricasprue

Contains 1 sprue with 86 pieces that have no flash.

It has three German Infantry figures, one is shot while the other two are locked in hand to hand combat with two British Infantry soldiers. If you have ever seen any of the old training movies, These figures are in “typical” hand to hand combat poses that they trained for. (Note that this is marked as kit #1 and all the other hand to hand combat sets have two more with soldiers from either group). I can't wait to see what Master Box might have in store for us.

The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.

Conclusion: It appears that Master Box has once again released “a diorama in a box” that by the number will be added to like the Soviet/German and USMC/Japanese Marine sets, which will have many possibilities for an endless list of future diorama's.
The uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.

Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa Empty Good to see

Post  Spanner 28 Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:32 am

It's great to see a company with the imagination to tackle such subjects. Allied figures are few and far between and this is a fantastic leap to actually get some in close combat. MB have never ceased to amaze me wit their poses and I look forward to adding another set to the collection, these should go well with their other recent 8th Army set
Cheers
Al
Spanner 28
Spanner 28
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa Empty Re: Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa

Post  Jaymes Crowther Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Shawn any chance you can post some pictures of the figures built? or are you going to do that in time? I think I'll pick these up for sure!

Jaymes
Jaymes Crowther
Jaymes Crowther
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa Empty Re: Masterbox British-German Hand to Hand combat North Africa

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 am

Jaymes,
I hope to get a chance to work on them soon, but who knows with my schedule this Summer?
I can't wait to see what the other two kits in the group are going to look like. Yee Ha.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaymes Crowther Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Awesome Shawn I am looking forward to seeing the other figures

Jaymes
Jaymes Crowther
Jaymes Crowther
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:25 pm

I have the allied set that goes with this , there is a german set to be released and a vickers gun crew set too !
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:11 pm

I also have the British Infantry set, (I did a review earlier on them), but I'm waiting for the German set that will go along with it (The British Vickers, German Mortar and Italian MG team) are all to be released later, Check out the Master Box site.

http://www.mbltd.info/

The in progress section has some really nice stuff. Look at it, let Alexander know what your think (guest book) if you see something wrong or missing tell him and he has been great about trying to fix it before it goes to production.
Talk about companies listening to the modeler. Master Box is great for that.

Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 am

Yes and Alexander and his staff are some of the nicest people on the planet , they listen , they react and cater with some superb sets and really deserve every bit of support we can give them . Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:54 am

I couldn't agree more with you Jenny.
What other company puts the test shot of the product they intend to release up, so modelers can take a look at it and tell them if something is wrong or out of place, so they can fix it before it goes to production? cheers cheers cheers
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down