Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II

4 posters

Go down

Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II Empty Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II

Post  ShawnGehling Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:30 am

Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II OperationMilkManFront
Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II OperationMilkManback

Master Box “Operation Milk Man”: German Infantry, WW-II era in 1/35th Scale Kit number MB3565

By Shawn W. Gehling

This is another excellent set based on four German Infantry soldiers milking a cow during a break in the action.

The Kit:
Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II OperationMilkManfigures
Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II OperationMilkManFarmanimals

Contains 2 sprues with 79 pieces that have no flash.

It has four German Infantry figures, two cows and a goat. (one of the cows and the goat are bonus figures). The farm animals will be released separately in the near future. I would place them in Operation Barbarossa (Summer) since most of them have their sleeves rolled up. It would appear that three of them are “farm boys” while the fourth is a “city boy” (that would be the one directly behind the cow). Boys raised on a farm would know better than to crouch behind a cow as “not everything that comes from a cow is cream”.

The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate.
Conclusion: It appears that Master Box has once again released “a diorama in a box” that also has many possibilities for an endless list of future diorama's.

The uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.

My “Build Review” should follow in a few months Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II Empty Re: Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II

Post  ShawnGehling Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 am

OK,
Seriously,
59 people looked at it and no one (Not one person commented on it).
confused affraid confused confused confused affraid
I at least thought someone would make a comment on the "city boy" view?
I must be loosing my touch... I'm going to have to go way out of the box again.
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Remember, you guys/gals made me do it... Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Embarassed
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II Empty Re: Master Box "Operation Milk Man" German Inf. WW-II

Post  wds Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:54 am

OK, ...The guy with the rifle over his shoulder is about to get kicked in the face, I'm no farm boy, but I know you don't sit there. Seriously, I love these non-action domestic scenes. Great stuff. How often do you get to airbrush a cow? I want one.

So There,

Cheers,

Bill
wds
wds
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : San Francisco Bay Area, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 am

Well I thought it was marvelous when I first read it Embarassed , but I Rolling Eyes could not post because ..... Rolling Eyes .......... Rolling Eyes ....... Rolling Eyes I think I can hear my mum calling.

Gotta go now ..... Bye

Jenny flower
(going to sit in the comfy lounge in the naughty corner for a little while)

Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  John T Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 pm

I don’t usually do figures (or animals) – that’s my feeble excuse. Embarassed None the less these look pretty good.

I thought I was a bit eccentric. But now Shawn has started replying to his own topics and Jenny has sent herself to the naughty corner. You’re making me look good! cyclops lol!

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Bill,
Thanks, I like the action scenes... But this little diorama in a box is really sweet.
If he was on the left side reaching under he would be OK... I'd be just as worried
about what comes out of that end... Evil or Very Mad
But maybe the farm boys are trying to teach that city boy a lesson? scratch lol!
They also have the farm animal set sold separately. How cool is that?
Thanks Jenny,
Well enjoy your time visiting Richie in the Naughty Corner, I'm sure he was missing you anyways... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
JT,
I had a comment on the don't usually do figures or animals (but I'll refrain from saying it as I just recently got out of the Naughty Corner and have way too much stuff to do) jocolor lol! But since you just left this one hanging... I think you made Jenny and I look outstanding. cheers cheers
As I always say, I've been thrown out of better (and worse) places, and will be again. drunken lol!
Shawn.
Glad that you did comment, as I was beginning to think people just opened it and said, "what's this" and closed it... Sleep
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  John T Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:25 pm

shawngehling wrote:JT,
I had a comment on the don't usually do figures or animals...

I ain't lookin so good anymore! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed affraid affraid
lol!

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:46 am

LOL,
We still love you man...
Shawn cheers cheers cheers cheers
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down