Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giant Mosquito

Go down

Giant Mosquito Empty Giant Mosquito

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:01 pm

From Airfix a 1:24 scale Mossie

The 1:24 scale de Havilland Mosquito kit is getting closer!

Referred to as "the kit that Airfix could never produce" the de Havilland Mosquito has just been a dream for many modellers. Airfix are now able to produce this iconic aircraft in its full glory in 1:24 scale.

The Mosquito has never before been produced as a 1:24 scale kit. The number of parts required for a kit of this size made this a hugely challenging project for the design team.

I know, some of you who model the Wingythings will cringe at the thought of a Airfix kit, granted some are very dated and show their age but who of us haven't built one up to the point you're really proud of it. To me, bad kits offer a challenge to make lemonaid out of lemons. but let's not talk about bad kits until we see this monster.

I for one would love to see this, 1:24 scale offers a chance to get into some really super detail with wiring and control lines running all over the place. I've built the Airfix 1:24 mustang when I got back into modeling after my hiatus, the build turned out OK and ended up being my test bed for new (to me) techniques that I found on the internet.

I'm sure Airfix knows the competition it's up against today so I hope they live up to expectation. Save up, I'm sure this will not be in the bargain range of prices.

Giant Mosquito CAD-images

Back to top Go down

Giant Mosquito Empty Re: Giant Mosquito

Post  Sherman 18 Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:50 pm

I wonder what test line would be best to hang it?
Sherman 18
Sherman 18
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Why worry, if it snapped it would probably glide in for a landing... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content