Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new releases by MecModels

4 posters

Go down

new releases by MecModels Empty new releases by MecModels

Post  barkymarky Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:05 am

Hi all,

MecModels releases two new items:

first a set of realistic vehicle light lenses, this set consists of 2 silver/white lenses and 2 black lenses:
new releases by MecModels Lensesvehiclelights_zpsb47e542e

second is a jungle hut, this set contains 5 resin parts that build very easily into a nice representation of a typical Vietnamese (jungle)hut:
new releases by MecModels BU-BH01BambooHutcopy_zpsbedaa85b

new releases by MecModels Foto6_zpsc10d7977

new releases by MecModels Foto5_zpsa1321ca4

new releases by MecModels Foto4_zps8e74fc88

new releases by MecModels Foto2_zpsb75eef8d

Mark Meuleman
MecModels

www.mecmodels.com

barkymarky
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : the Netherlands

http://www.mecmodels.com

Back to top Go down

new releases by MecModels Empty Re: new releases by MecModels

Post  G Cooper Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Mark:

Thanks for the update. The lights look great. Especially the black infrared ones. And that little hut also loos fantastic. It would look awesome right next to on of the new Dragon M-48's.

Gary Cool 
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:06 am

Oh now that hut , I have plans for one of them as you well know Very Happy  , ordering today Cool  . Mine will be backdated as a WWII Pacific hut , no changes necessary Very Happy  .

Jenny flower 
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

new releases by MecModels Empty Re: Mec Models Bamboo Hut.

Post  zoomdawg60 Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 am

This hut is a nice kit but definitely looks more like a hut from the "Gilligan's Island" TV series during the 60s - right down to the bamboo door and covered side window. Its size makes me think more of an Amish corn crib. When I think of Pacific or SE Asian huts, I would expect a lot more thatching on the roof and laid in a much thicker irregular pattern. Most of the pics I've seen of Vietnamese hooches are circular, or if they are square, they're large enough for more than one room and more than one family. The design of this hut appears more Indonesian-like than Vietnam. To date, I believe the best SE Asian hut kit is the Jungle Outpost in 1/32nd scale from Airfix. Not only is it larger, but it an be built as either a single story hut on the ground or can be built on stilts. Which is perfect for Vietnamese huts in the Mekong Delta. The fact that it's an injection molded kit instead of resin-cast makes it lighter and easier to convert or add details, such as a thicker thatched roof. I don't believe the kit is still in production but they occasionally pop up on Ebay. The one I currently have (in pieces) has neither box nor instructions, so I'm hoping that it's just an enlarged version of their 1/76th scale kit - for which I do have instructions.

zoomdawg60
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Kamsack, Saskatchewan, CANADA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down