Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp

+8
tullskull
Oddball_UK
G Cooper
Richard Craig
Andy J
S P Hammerton
John T
Jenny Ryan
12 posters

Go down

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp Empty Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp

Post  Jenny Ryan Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Well these are the first two releases in Jennys Wonderful Things from Passion Models cheers cheers cheers

Jennys Tool Clamp

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp 383682_160144920757432_115301258575132_214528_2050737416_n

And this is what they look like Very Happy , the standard PE german tool clamp has long been the biggest pain to assemble , specially if you want to make them workable ....

NO MORE !!!!!

Why ? Because for two long modellers have been trying to stick tiny scale pins into the latch of the clamp , juggling four while trying to allign and then close the latch !!! Frustration to the max !!!! Soooo I had an idea , shared it with my friend Manabu San from Passion models , we have refined the design and thus the Jenny clamp was born , the pins on the left hand side are 3mm longer with a fold line at the correct size , the pins on the right hand side are about half this length also with the fold line . Assembly is straight forward , fold the base as usual , fold the latch as normal but leave it slightly ajar . Insert the left hand base pin into the latch , fold the pin over making this side captive , do the same with the top part then align the other side which can also be bent upwards . There is no way that the catch can come apart now Very Happy . It is designed so that the clamp can be added to the vehicle , the tools and vehicle can then be painted seperately , making tool detailing easier and not leaving a void in the cam around and under the tool position . the tool is then added to the vehicle , a small drop of superglue and close the catch , now trim the excess pin length with zuron scissors and maybe just a small dot of paint on any shiny bits !

There are two types , Early

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp 401320_160144934090764_115301258575132_214529_895334253_n

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp 392762_160144947424096_115301258575132_214530_954379187_n

Now just like my models , I like to add some little bonus goodies , these have Pliers and Spanners , always handy bits for AFV models Very Happy

And late

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp 383015_160144960757428_115301258575132_214531_1930941891_n

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp 400499_160144974090760_115301258575132_214532_982532592_n

This one has some superb goodies , wrist watches , a fob watch , 2 cut throat razors , a pocket knife , glasses and a comb Very Happy

So these are the first goodies and I am sure they will make those dreaded tool clamps a lot better for all of us !

These will be available from MS Models , in Australia BNA Modelworld will be stocking them and they will be available from all Passion Model stockists Very Happy .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp Empty Re: Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp

Post  John T Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked cheers cheers cheers W O W ! cheers cheers cheers cyclops cyclops cyclops

I remember on one occassion, I was able to assemble a working tool clamp, I think it was from a Voyager PE set. It was a complete fluke, never been able to do it since. These are brilliant, but I have to say I really like those little extras as well, the watches and the glasses especially!

Congratulations Jenny!!!!

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp Empty Re: Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp

Post  S P Hammerton Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Congratulations Jenny

These are a work of genius, especially if you've got problems with your hands like I do.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy J Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:05 pm

We Love you Jenny I love you

Now can we have similar sorts of things for Commonwealth, US and Soviet tanks? Please... pretty please...
Andy J
Andy J
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Gunnislake, Cornwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Craig Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:22 am

very cool ..anyone in North America going to have your products?
Richard Craig
Richard Craig
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Ohhhh! ! ! !

those look fantastamacle ! ! ! !

Now I don't have to get Richie to send me ones that he . . . . . . umm. . . . . . finds Suspect . . . . . sittin around your place anymore What a Face .

With the Aber clamps, I used to take about 45 minutes to get the first one done Mad . Then I would get into the swing of things and they only took me about 10 minutes each. But there was always one in the middle there somewhere that took me back to that 45 minutes just being difficult Twisted Evil . But it seems clear that these are going to take about a minute for the first one, and then maybe 45 seconds for the next ones. Just fantastamacle !

Gary Cool
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:09 am

If my hands are working ok, I can do an Aber-type clamp in 30 minutes.

If not about two hours, a lot of which involves battling the carpet monster.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Oddball_UK Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Jenny
Congratulations on your intermavention, i wish your product all the best for the future! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Manabu
Is there a UK distribmauter for these wonderful looking clamps? scratch
Oddball_UK
Oddball_UK
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : St Helens, United Kingdom.

https://www.facebook.com/monion88

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I've heard from Manabu San that Mark Day at Sovereign 2000 will be stocking these, and other Passion Models products.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  tullskull Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 am

Congratulations Jenny. An innovative solution and a great time saver. All the best to you!
tullskull
tullskull
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : So. Cal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Umineko Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi Jenny
Damned if this isn't the best news I have had in ages... I have gotta get me some of these Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

now if you can just do the same for Soviet era clamps I'd recomend you for cannonisation as a Saint Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
Azrael
Umineko
Umineko
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post  kolche Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Excellent thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I congratulate!!!!!!!!!!!
Russia is included into the list of deliveries Very Happy
kolche
kolche
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Russian Federation

Back to top Go down

Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp Empty Introducing Jennys Wonderful Tool Clamp

Post  Station Master Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 am

I live in Brisbane, Australia, anyone know where I can get some of these?

Station Master
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:27 am

G'day Station Master , Very Happy Well I think my clamps will soon be available from BNA MODELWORLD in Melbourne but can currently be purchased through the Passion Models Website with Paypal .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Station Master Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:59 am

Thanks for the info, Jenny

Station Master
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 am

Looks pretty sweet Jenny.
Mind you this is the guy that stays well clear of PE.
I'm sure that someone that isn't afraid affraid to play with that stuff will really love it.
It looks great and I'm sure that I will be seeing it on all the popular German tanks this season. cheers cheers cheers
No wonder I could never talk with you. You were always too busy with your secret master plans to rule the world and make working German clamps. Suspect
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down