Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart

3 posters

Go down

Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart Empty Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart

Post  James O'Leary Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Alex from MasterBox recently sent me a picture of the boxart for their upcoming Vietnam kit release to share with everyone. He was also kind enough to send me a test mould of the kit about a month ago to help me complete a diorama I was working on. The kit makes into a nice diorama on it's own. The sizing of the figures is quite nice as is the fact that a Vietnamese woman is part of the kit. The kit will consist of two sprues. One is of the figures with some equipment such as bandoleers and separate trouser pockets. The other is of equipment and weapons. The highlight for me was that there are two complete lightweight rucksack frames that are really well done. I'll do a kit review later when I have some more time to do so. I'm in the process of building some of the figures, so I will also comment on their construction when I do my review.

Anyway, here is the picture of the boxart.

Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart 1st_Cavalry_Vietnam_3

There are some very interesting projects in the works at MasterBox in regards to Vietnam kits. The latest one that I saw that is in progress will be well received by armor and M151 MUTT modelers. It is not posted on their site yet, but when it does, I think it will be well received.

Cheers!
James

Last edited by James O'Leary on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

James O'Leary
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Texas, USA

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart Empty Re: Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart

Post  barkymarky Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Good to see the Vietnam subject is getting more and more popular among modeling companies!
looks like a really nice set; thanks for this update!

Mark

barkymarky
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : the Netherlands

http://www.mecmodels.com

Back to top Go down

Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart Empty Re: Vietnam Kit coming soon from MasterBox - Boxart

Post  John T Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:09 am

Nice looking figures James.

It is refreshing to see Vietnam kits, or other eras outside WWII.

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down