Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep.

5 posters

Go down

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. Empty Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep.

Post  G Cooper Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Of course it looks cool. And I think this is going to be one of those that you need to get at least 2 of them, cause I don't think they are going to last on the shelves for very long.

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_4

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_3

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_2

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_1

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_6

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. 6681_5

Looks way kewl

Gary Cool
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. Empty Re: Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep.

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:25 am

I got two coming , Hmmmm spot the mistake with whoever assembled the Jerrycans Very Happy !!!!! lol!

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep. Empty Re: Built up photos of Dragons SAS Raider Jeep.

Post  G Cooper Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:32 am

Jenny Ryan wrote: Hmmmm spot the mistake with whoever assembled the Jerrycans Very Happy !!!!! lol!

Jenny flower

I think that on that type, the spouty pourer outer thingy should be on the side scratch . Not in the center of the can.

Gary Cool
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:36 am

Thats right , the seam is a weld seam and the cap should be on the left hand side .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  reconron Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:05 pm

And they forgot to add the trigger on the .50 machine gun....... Sleep Laughing

...got to love Dragon.....ahum,ahum.... Rolling Eyes

Greetings,Ron.
reconron
reconron
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : the Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:21 am

reconron wrote:And they forgot to add the trigger on the .50 machine gun....... Sleep Laughing

Greetings,Ron.

It looks to me like it is a "otherwise acquired" (scrounged/borrowed/stolen) aircraft .50 cal. That would explain an electrical solenoid where there would normaly be the butterfly spade triger thingy. But that doesn't explain how the guy in the seat would be able to fire the thing without some type of electrical gizmo hooked up to the thing Suspect . But that is the set up I have seen in many photos of these vehicles. All I can guess is that there was also a "button" that they could push on the end of the solenoid that would fire the thing.

Gary Cool
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyBatty Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:59 am

PMMSs review of this today is less than glowing but its not the only one, its the third review Ive read on different sites and they all are in tune with their disappointment at this kit. A mixture of various inaccuracies and ommissions, and what they consider to be a relatively high price, are the common complaints. Guess I wont be shelling out for one then.
RoyBatty
RoyBatty
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Saitama, Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:43 pm

I've just read the review...

That's poor, no matter how you look at it.

The world is groaning under the weight of restored Jeeps. There's no excuse for being so sloppy.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Yes but there are a regular group of reviewers who will no doubt give it the thumbs up , lest they get taken off the Dragon Preferred reviewers list !

I have to say that I have not got mine yet but I Think I will just buy the Legend released SAS conversions and cobble together something . I hope that Dragon have the good sense to read some honest reviews of some of these blunders rather than their own generated spin reviews , and pay heed with the quality of their kits .

I really admire a lot of the progressive kits that Dragon have provided us with , they have done a huge service to modelers but they need to adhere to the standards they have benchmarked and put some serious thought into the quality of their releases .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Despite my earlier comments, I'm in agreement with Jenny.

Dragon have done some superb work, but as my Late Father used to say.

"Don't do more, do better".

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  RoyBatty Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Certainly agree with you Simon and Jenny. I remember when those first modern Soviet kits came out...my eyes popped out and my wallet started trembling affraid They almost overnight caused me to just about say "Bye, bye Tamiya." And over the years theyve come out with some absolute crackers. But they are in business, and thats a place where you cant afford to rest on your laurels. Especially when youve got new upstarts nipping at your heels like you used to do.
RoyBatty
RoyBatty
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Saitama, Japan

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Every job I had prior to my accident was based on excellence is not good enough!

If we got it wrong, people got hurt or worse.

I figure if a numpty like me can do that, then so can anyone.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down