Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New from Dragon

+5
Richard Marchand
Plushy
Kreighshoer
Dragunov
Jenny Ryan
9 posters

Go down

New from Dragon Empty New from Dragon

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 am

I really gotta get me one of these !

New from Dragon 6438header

More details HERE

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

New from Dragon Empty Re: New from Dragon

Post  Dragunov Thu May 28, 2009 5:31 am

Laura will like this one I think!

Erik
Dragunov
Dragunov
General
General

Location Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu May 28, 2009 6:06 am

Dragunov wrote:Laura will like this one I think!

Erik

It is funny Erik , I was thinking the same thing myself , somehow I can see a Pz 38t turret suspended from that crane Very Happy !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu May 28, 2009 6:12 am

Shocked i was thinking the same thing! Shocked

lol!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Plushy Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am

Interesting that Trumpeter also announced this Kit as well with test photos and release date of June . I wonder if Dragon will get theres out in June as well ??
Now if Only Dragon would build a Smart Kit version of the MAZ-537 Very Happy I can dream cant i ??

Also noticed the Trumpeter version comes with Interior and Engine compartment ! Hope fully Dragons does as well .

Last edited by Plushy on Thu May 28, 2009 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot some details)

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Thu May 28, 2009 4:29 pm

In fact Trumpeter announced their kit about 24h before Dragon. Most of the time Dragon is working on a reactive way. As soon as Trumpeter come's out with a new release you can be sure that Dragon will follow a few hours later with their own Shocked If only Dragon would do the same thing when it come to modern stuff What a Face

Nice subject btw. Lots of great diorama and vignette possibilities Cool
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

New from Dragon Empty New from Dragon

Post  Lyndon C Fri May 29, 2009 4:13 am

Looks like I have to stand in line to get one as well. I have had the old Verlinden conversion set many years ago until a mate wanted it, but this will be better.

Lyndon C
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Campbelltown

Back to top Go down

Post  iambrb Fri May 29, 2009 3:37 pm

not sue if all this will come thru or not - but it looks like they have some neat stuff in the pipeline

Dragon USA newsletter will be sent out every Thursday. This newsletter is intended to update you with future releases. If you would like to purchase these items please contact your local hobby shop.
Item Number
Descriptions

Orange Box Value pack series

CHC9108
1/35 JS1 / JS2 (2 in 1) with bonus Soviet Rifle Troops and Magic Tracks
Value in the Box
Tank kit
$ 37.95
Figure set
$ 8.95
Magic Track set
$ 19.95
Average total value
$ 66.85
Orange Box Value Pack - MSRP
$ 29.95

Features:
- Value Added Newly tooled JS-2 Magic Tracks
- Bonus Soviet figure set

AVAILABLE: June 2009

CHC9109
1/35 3cm M.K. 103 Zwilling Flakpanzer IV "Kugelblitz" with bonus "Achtung-Jabo" Panzer Crew, new Gun Barrel w/hollow muzzle end and Magic Track
Value in the Box
1/35 Tank kit
$ 34.95
1/35 Figure set
$ 8.95
1/35 Magic Track set
$ 19.95
Bonus Newly Tooled Gun Barrel with Hollow Muzzle End.
Bonus
Average total value
$ 73.80
Orange Box Value Pack - MSRP
$ 29.95

Features:
- Value added new gun barrel w/hollow muzzle end
- Value Added 40cm Magic Track
- Bonus German figure set

Dragon Plastic Model Kits

DRA6438
1/35 Sd.Kfz.164 Bergepanzerwagen IV ~ Smart Kit
Features:
- Derrick crane can be portrayed in stowed position
- Crane can alternatively be modeled in deployed position
- Newly tooled front pulley system
- Brand new rear pulley system
- Newly tooled wood stand
- Driver’s and radio operator’s housing w/splash guard
- Hatches w/internal detail
- Movable metal chain included
- Realistic pulley system detail
- One piece upper hull w/accurate engine-deck design
- Spare-wheel rack w/spare wheels on upper hull side
- Spare-track bracket on glacis plate w/photo-etched and plastic option
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- New OVM arrangement on fenders w/clasps
- Spare-track bracket on lower hull front
- Air-intake covers have option of injection or photo-etched parts
- Realistic double-layered air intake
- Lower hull made by 2-directional slide mold: bolts and rivets delicately represented on hull bottom
- Detailed towing-eye brackets w/separate parts
- Accurately detailed idler adjuster mountings
- Great detail on newly tooled hull rear
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibit crisp detail
- Final-drive housing w/details on both sides
- Separate armored cover for final-drive housing
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking detail and multiple delicate parts
- Two options for idler wheels
- Photo-etched parts for idlers to accurately represent undercut details
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- Rear antenna included
- Fuel filler flap has open/closed option
- 40cm Magic Tracks
- Complete MG w/workable ball mount

DRA6514
1/35 Monte Cassino Defenders 1944 - Fallschirmjager (4 Figures Set)
Features:
- GEN2 Weapons Included!!
- Distinguishable facial features
- Realistic and poses
- Slide molded weapons w/astonishing details
- Hollowed rifle muzzle
- Separate parts for bolt mechanism and accurate ammo clips
- Three types of helmets included

The German 1st Parachute Division was redeployed to defend Monte Cassino, Italy, in February 1944. If the Allies were to push north on the road to Rome, they had to crack the Gustav Line, which hinged on Monte Cassino. This town sat astride the fast-flowing Rapido River and, backed by steep mountains, it formed a perfect defensive point for the German Winter Line. Ferocious fighting occurred in Monte Cassino between German and Allied forces in a series of four battles. After the Allies bombed the historic Benedictine Monastery on 15 February, German paratroops occupied the ruins.
Dragon recently released a set of four Allied soldiers fighting at Monte Cassino. This enthusiastically received set has now been joined by another 1/35 scale release, this time depicting the German side. The four plastic injected-molded figures are German paratroopers engaged in the vicious hand-to-hand fighting that characterized much of the Battle of Monte Cassino. These soldiers are wearing standard Fallschirmjager equipment and uniform items. Although they aren’t Gen2 figures, they are well armed with Gen2 weapons such as the Kar98K and MP-40. Such an array of well-defined weapons will be a boon to modelers. Molded detail is sharp and clean-cut, and the poses are very realistic. In fact, the poses have been carefully designed to fit the type of rugged terrain and rubble found at Monte Cassino. Although these four figures can easily form a vignette on their own, they would also combine smoothly with Dragon’s other Fallschirmjager defenders, namely DRA-6005 Fallschirmjager (Monte Cassino 1944) and DRA-6215 Fallschirmjager 8cm Mortar Team.
For the benefit of modelers, Dragon has strengthened the defensive line at Monte Cassino!

DRA7085
1/700 U.S.S. Hornet CV-12, 1945
Features:
- Accurately shaped and patterned CV-12 flight deck
- Flight-deck elevators can be posed in either raised or lowered positions
- Different types of radar provided – including YE homing beacon, SK-2 radar, SK radar SP radar and Mk37 director
- New radar arrangement on superstructure
- Armament arrangement on flight deck has accurately arrangement
- Finely detailed one-piece superstructure
- Super-detailed anti-aircraft guns including 5-inch 38-caliber single open mount, quadruple 40mm Bofors and single 20mm Oerlikon
- Slide-molded 5-inch twin turrets
- Deck-edge elevator can be positioned up or down
- Plastic and photo-etched options for safety net
- Hangar deck with interior detail
- Option of either waterline version or full-hull version with display stand
- 1:700 photo-etched deck crew included
- Detailed aircraft comprising SB2C Dauntless, F6F Hellcat and TBF Avenger are conveniently constructed in transparent plastic

The USS Hornet (CV-12), an Essex-class aircraft carrier, was commissioned in November 1943. It actually began life as the USS Kearsarge, but was renamed Hornet after its namesake (CV-Cool was lost in 1942. This aircraft carrier served with distinction in the Pacific campaign of WWII, as well as the Vietnam War, before the large vessel was decommissioned in 1970. The U.S. Navy carrier was involved in such famous WWII battles as the occupation of the Marshall Islands, New Guinea, Caroline Islands, Mariana Islands, Tinian, Saipan, Guam, Iwo Jima, Philippine Sea, Leyte Gulf and Okinawa, with its embarked aircraft wreaking havoc on enemy forces. It served at the forefront of the U.S. Navy fleet, and was engaged in combat for 16 continuous months. Although attacked by air 59 times, it was never hit. Furthermore, its complement of fighters succeeded in destroying a staggering figure of 1410 Japanese aircraft!
While the U.S.S. Hornet is today preserved in Alameda, California, as a National Historic Landmark, modelers can now get their hands on their very own version of this famous carrier. Dragon has launched a new 1/700 scale kit of the U.S.S. Hornet as it appeared in 1945 during extended actions in the Pacific. This means it has the appropriate new radar array on the superstructure, plus the correct selection of armaments such as the deck-mounted 5-inch twin turrets. The kit is high on accuracy and detail, with the designers resorting widely to multimedia materials and slide-molded parts. As with previous Essex-class kits, this model comes with both waterline and full-hull versions. Its all-important complement of fighters is made in transparent plastic for greater ease of painting and realism. Dragon has given the U.S.S. Hornet a new lease of life, and modelers will enjoy the pivotal appearance of this famous aircraft carrier!

iambrb
iambrb
Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders

Location Location : Upstate, South carolina

Back to top Go down

Post  NAS Fri May 29, 2009 5:51 pm

In fact Trumpeter announced their kit about 24h before Dragon. Most of the time Dragon is working on a reactive way. As soon as Trumpeter come's out with a new release you can be sure that Dragon will follow a few hours later with their own
Hi Richard,

as being involved in the Dragon Bergepanzer IV, I can assure you that the planning for it was already done quite a time ago Wink
Nevertheless, here are already some photos of the built model: HERE

Regards,

Notger
NAS
NAS
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Bielefeld, Germany

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Fri May 29, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't doubt that the kit as been in development for quite a long time. After all you can't design a full kit in a few days. My point is more about the release annoucement timing Wink

A good example of what I mean is last year annoucement for the SdKfz 7. Trumpeter posted some test shots of this kit and less than a day later (if I remember well) Dragon came out with their own annoucement for the same kit with a nice B&W silhouette What a Face
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Kreighshoer wrote:Shocked i was thinking the same thing! Shocked

lol!

And I was thinking the same - in case of Laura and in my case. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat May 30, 2009 1:05 am

Richard Marchand wrote:I don't doubt that the kit as been in development for quite a long time. After all you can't design a full kit in a few days. My point is more about the release annoucement timing Wink

A good example of what I mean is last year annoucement for the SdKfz 7. Trumpeter posted some test shots of this kit and less than a day later (if I remember well) Dragon came out with their own annoucement for the same kit with a nice B&W silhouette What a Face

Richard , that is a Dragon tactic , and it is a very good one . They should all know by now that there research & development departments leak like a sieve . Dragon , upon hearing that Trumpeter are on the verge of release of a vehicle will get the box art or promotional stuff ready . The Sd.Kfz 7 was wheeled out at Nurenburg 2008 by Trumpeter & Dragon announced theirs the same day !!! Now we all know that 16 months later we still have not seen the Dragon kit . Most ( like me ) did not buy the Trumpeter version as we want to see which is best . Of course with 16 months of studying the flaws we hope we know which that will be & then we buy the Dragon one !

I have held off buying the Trumpeter Bridge layer Pz IV because Dragon announced theirs , I only want to buy one not both . I am still waiting , maybe Dragon only have to announce stuff Rolling Eyes .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 am

Jenny Croft wrote:I am still waiting , maybe Dragon only have to announce stuff Rolling Eyes .

Jenny flower

Exactly lol! Trumpeter comes out with a new kit, 24hrs later Dragon comes out with a bogus announcement for the same kit. Peoples don't buy Trumpeter kit and wait for Dragon. Dragon has now your attention and Trumpeter lost your money. Dragon Win! Great Marketing indeed Cool
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Sat May 30, 2009 7:14 am

You know something Richard!

For a modeler, you are very perceptive about marketing!! You are 100% right!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down