Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch

+9
Jay
BradJ
david samson
ShawnGehling
Richard Marchand
alex
Panzer
Noel-Petroni
Jenny Ryan
13 posters

Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch

Post  Jenny Ryan Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 am

This is a really good tip if you are working with small photoetch parts , nothing is worse than cutting off that vital PE part & ping Evil or Very Mad the carpet monster will find it !
You will find it 3 months later while searching for another stray PE piece !

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Saharianachassis003

Use the wide Tamiya tape & tape across the back ( side without the part numbers ) of all frets in the set , then the whole fret does not go astray either Wink . Then with a sharp knife , cut all bits required for the assembly sequence you are working on . Only pull them off the tape as needed Very Happy

Jenny
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Re: Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch

Post  Noel-Petroni Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Good idea!
Thanks

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Great ideal

Post  Panzer Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 pm

We use a method similar to this in the vinyl sign transfer process.
Thanks
Chris
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Re: Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch

Post  alex Sun May 24, 2009 7:09 pm

OK THAT'S IT
OFF COMES THE CARPET

this monster"s appetite for small pe and other minute partsis unsatiable. it does not know where to stop just. like ST GEORGE im going to get rid of him once and for all
im ordering parquett just for my room no matter what the wife says (she loves her carpets more than me it seems)
alex
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : MALTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Mon May 25, 2009 5:26 pm

alex wrote:OK THAT'S IT
OFF COMES THE CARPET

this monster"s appetite for small pe and other minute partsis unsatiable. it does not know where to stop just. like ST GEORGE im going to get rid of him once and for all
im ordering parquett just for my room no matter what the wife says (she loves her carpets more than me it seems)
alex

Beware! Even a parquet can be dangerous. Don't you remember that T1000 in Terminator 2 affraid
Seriously, whatever the composition of your floor as soon as you hear "PING", you're in trouble lol!

BTW, good tip Jenny Cool
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Jenny,
Great How To...
I have a picture of the carpet monster from and old show... I will try and find it and add it here, so those
modelers that have never seen him/her will know what to look out for...
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  david samson Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:35 pm

thanks for the great tip Smile
david samson
david samson
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Indy,USA

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:09 am

Jenny,
Here is the photo that I was telling you about...
I snapped it at a local contest in 2007.Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Dio1CarpetMonster-Stealsmodelpiecesaffraid
Thought it might help other be on the look out for this dangerous character...
Shawn cheers
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  david samson Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:21 am

that is cool Shawn very different ,ive been looking for this guy a long time!! Evil or Very Mad
david samson
david samson
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Indy,USA

Back to top Go down

Post  BradJ Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:11 am

shawngehling wrote:Jenny,
Here is the photo that I was telling you about...
I snapped it at a local contest in 2007.Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Dio1CarpetMonster-Stealsmodelpiecesaffraid
Thought it might help other be on the look out for this dangerous character...
Shawn cheers

Haha love it!
Very ingenious...
BradJ
BradJ
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Melbn Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:32 am

Great, simple tip! I've lost loads of parts to the tiled floor monster - believe me, it can happen on there, too! Shocked
Jay
Jay
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : South West France

http://ww2artist.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kolche Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:44 am

Excellent council Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch ThankYou Yesterday for 20 minutes searched, hasn't found Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch To_pick_ones_nose3
kolche
kolche
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Russian Federation

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Avoid the carpet monster

Post  oldthudman Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Great idea................ Very Happy
oldthudman
oldthudman
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Houston,Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  beowulf Sun May 20, 2012 10:47 pm

im always dropping small bits and one invaluable tool ive found is maglite torch (flashlight to our north american bretheren Razz ).....its a case of turning out the lights, getting on hands and knees and getting all CSI with the maglite......with the room lights out and the bright light from the maglite even the smallest thing will stand out
beowulf
beowulf
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Little San Francisco, U.K.

Back to top Go down

Tips & Tricks 4: Avoiding the carpet monster with Photoetch Empty Carpet Monster

Post  oldthudman Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 pm

I recall on fellow proposed a 1/2 apron type catcher.......One end had ties of course and the other end was attached to the work bench (velcro??) edge........

Smile cheers
oldthudman
oldthudman
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Houston,Texas

Back to top Go down

Post  McSherman Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 am

....and if the carpet monster DO get some parts, just take the vacuumcleaner with an old nylonstocking from the Mrs. on the end....you´ll collect all the debris in no-time!!

John.
McSherman
McSherman
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Gemert, the Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down