Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, what did I do wrong?

4 posters

Go down

Hey, what did I do wrong? Empty Hey, what did I do wrong?

Post  iambrb Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Hey, what did I do wrong?

I know that there is another thread sort of about this - but I wanted to start a new one so that te industry giants on here can help a poor little inexperienced newbie (me).

I got my little set of Mig dry trransfers, and I got out my "test mule" model, just in case I screw it up. i carefully cut out one and taped it face down and, using a #2 pencil. I rubbed and rubbed...and nothing happened! So I though "goofball, you go it upside down" so I flipped it....same result!

There is something super simple I am missing here - what is it? Is there some thing I am supposed to peel off, or what?
iambrb
iambrb
Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders

Location Location : Upstate, South carolina

Back to top Go down

Hey, what did I do wrong? Empty Re: Hey, what did I do wrong?

Post  iambrb Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 pm

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Embarassed Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Ever post something and the realize the super-simple mistke that you are making????? Embarassed

OK, I posted this and then I thought "there must be something SUPER simple that you are missing, Bubba."

SO i go back in to the kitchen table and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y look over the sheet from Mig transfers. I try to run my fingers over it to feel the paint......I CAN'T!!! OMG - no fingers? NO. the Migs ( and I guess all) have this cool little sheet with the darn decals sandwhiched IN BETWEEN! POC (piec of cake) for y'all, right? Sleep

So I take my diabetic eyes an REALLY focus on the two little-ass shets and get them pulled apart, and a few mintues later....MY FIRST DRY TRANSFER!!!!! lol!

Sorry to be a goofball but remember, "I'ze Noo!" jocolor
iambrb
iambrb
Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:47 pm

sorry but: Hey, what did I do wrong? Lustig2 Hey, what did I do wrong? Hahaha-024 Hey, what did I do wrong? Lustig2
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:53 pm

So where are the pictures?

Back to top Go down

Post  iambrb Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Kreigh, yes, I COULD have delete the whole postg, but I got such a laugh out of ti...I thought I'd share! Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh a others, right?

MP, I am surprised that you would ask in public forum. we both know that my ancient history digital camera uses 3.5" disks, and some IT guy I know that got me into model building (Ahem.....) is supposed to be using Mom's old computer to recover the disk drive & alter so I can post at home as opposed to work.......remember??????
iambrb
iambrb
Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 pm

iambrb wrote:Kreigh, yes, I COULD have delete the whole postg, but I got such a laugh out of ti...I thought I'd share! Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, you shouldn't laugh a others, right?

that's what i had thought! and i have done so much fumbles in my modelling career i cannot count them! to be frank what you have witnessed could also have happened to me! Very Happy ... i just was happy that someone else faces the same monty python moments while modelling like i do! Very Happy

but you can be eased: the biggest fumble ever happened to MIG with a two piece model and he made it to glue the one and only piece the wrong way around! THAT was funny to watch! lol!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Hey, what did I do wrong? Empty You think that is Funny

Post  Richie Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 am

For some strange reason (ie to confuse my poor Jenny) our mate Mike (aka Blade 57) sent Jenny a big sheet of Cavalier Generic Zimmerit in a parcel. I noticed straight away the furrowed brow, she piched up the sheet & headed into our office, reference books were being pulled out looked through. "Whats wrong Jenny ?"

"Oh Nothing" furrowed brow, deep in thought. after about an hour of this she had put all the books back & onto the computer.

"Can I help?" I offered.

"No I will find it!" she said, after another hour she had left the computer!

I checked the history on the computer Wink, our supreme commander was trying to find out what a Generic German tank was to use her Generic Pattern Zimmerit lol!.

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Hey, what did I do wrong? Empty Oh Dear

Post  john bowery Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 am

Richie,
Boy, now you'll get it. Very Happy Do you bruise easy? Razz
Cheers
John

john bowery
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Indianapolis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down