Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

+14
alex
Ruben Lopez
Richie
Highlander
mike walsh
holmerz
Jose Luis Lopez
G Cooper
Bob Letterman
pzkfwmk6
Kreighshoer
lupanzer
Jenny Ryan
Shaggy
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Shaggy Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:42 pm

Hey everyone-

I am in this,my first online group build, with the new DML Panzerjager I! I'm building it out of the box because I couldn't wait to start on this. The Panzerjager I is one of my favs, I've been waiting for this one. I tried an Italeri kit years ago, but my patience and skills were not up to the challenge.
This is one of those kits where DML really did their homework, and got almost every detail you could want! Here are some in-progress shots. I also did a review on this site, check it out here!

Cool I have the interior(very complete and nice looking), the suspension, and the gun built! Now i'm ready for painting the interior. I'll keep you posted!

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pzjg2

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pzjg7

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pzjg3

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pzjg5

Shags jocolor

Last edited by Shaggy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 am; edited 7 times in total
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Waterford,NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Superb

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:52 am

Hey Shaggy ,

You have done a extrordinary job on both the review & the group build . Are you going to give us a scooby dooby clue about how you will finish it ? Very Happy

Will it be in a diorama ?

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Shaggy Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:43 am

Jenny Croft wrote:Hey Shaggy ,

You have done a extrordinary job on both the review & the group build . Are you going to give us a scooby dooby clue about how you will finish it ? Very Happy

Will it be in a diorama ?

Jenny flower

Thanks for the kind words, Daphne, I mean Jenny... Razz
Well, it will be on some sort of base, at least. It may be in a full fledged diorama I have in mind. What are the GB rules if it's in a multi-vehicle diorama?

As for the finish, I am thinking early Barbarossa, groovy panzer grey, with some foliage (for you, Jenny) draped casually over it, like the cover of the new Nuts & Bolts book.
I can't wait to do another one after Voyager or someone puts out a far out p.e. set for it!

Shags jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  lupanzer Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 am

hey Bob!

...very good work on the gun...and a nice start...regards!

Luiz.
lupanzer
lupanzer
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 pm

splendid start! keep up the good work!

there's no prob with a multi vehicle diorama bob - you may place as much panzerjäger 1 in the scenery as you like! lol!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Watching this one!

Post  pzkfwmk6 Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi Bob, I'm going to watch this one as I'd like to build one myself. I've always liked the early war stuff, they really kicked butt for what they were up against!
pzkfwmk6
pzkfwmk6
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Hanover, Pennsylvania USA

https://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/pzkfwmk6/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Bob, great start! Now let us see more! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Well, ask and ye shall receive!! Here are some more pictures of the interior, fully painted and finished. I used a mix of Tamiya White and Buff( mostly white) for the interior color, and Tamiya Panzer Gery for the tranny. This was given a black/brown oil wash, and rubbed with powdered graphite. The rest of the interior got a brownish filter after the chipping. The shells were painted with a brass powder medium I have, I don't know the name. I attached the lids to the rear bins after I discovered they also doubled as seats for the crew! Talk about German luxury! tongue
Thanks for all the comments so far, hope you like it with paint!

Time for a Scooby Snak!

Shags jocolor

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz1

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz6

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz2

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz3

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz4

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Pz5
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 pm

mighty fine update bob! you will overtake jenny, brian and me in the progress if you continue to build in this speed! ... but you want to do several anyway so your speed is fine! Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Hyenas

one thing though - the floor! afaik the floor should be dark green and not white! not as if too much of it will be seen when the build is complete but i just wanted to mention Smile
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Hey Bob,

I agree with Laura about your speed, and the quality hasn't been lost in the process. Keep going, you're doin' great!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 pm

Kreighshoer wrote:
one thing though - the floor! afaik the floor should be dark green and not white! not as if too much of it will be seen when the build is complete but i just wanted to mention Smile

Laura and Bob-
I wasn't sure of the color, and the pics of the restored one show everything white! I should've asked before I painted. Oh well, they ran out of green paint at the factory the day this one was built, so they painted it cream. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! Rolling Eyes
And my speedy building is direclty related to my current lack of employment, so I have nothing better to do. That's the problem with construction, you are on the front lines of economic cutbacks and seasonal weather! Mad
Oh, and DML did a pretty good job of engineering the kit; that helps, too!
Now I just have to decide how I'm going to finish this one, I have several ideas, I just have to narrow it done to one!
Thanks again for the words of encouragement!

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:39 am

Hey Bob,

now comes life in the house!

Nice interior! Only the floor has the worse color - but with a dark washing (green/black oil in terpentine) everything is OK.

But be careful that you only wash the floor. The other areas of the interior are great!

Just my 2 cents

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Interior looks cool

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 am

Well Shagster I did the interior of my little flakpanzer in primer red ! Very Happy

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Flakpanzer001

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Flakpanzer003

Once stowed with stuff though .... "they didn't see nuttin ! Suspect "

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! StowedInterior1

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! StowedInterior2

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! StowedInterior3

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! StowedInterior4

Jus stow it up , make it look grotty & lived in Wink .

Yours really does look good Shags , Very Happy I really like the brass shells , very nice Wink .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:36 am

Jenny-
I must have missed those pics of your interior, that looks great( love the boot print on the seat). cheers

My problem is that the crew needs standing room to fire the gun, so the floor has to be kinda clean. BTW, did you ever wonder how the heck the driver got to his seat, let alone fit in to drive it??? Question Question Guess being 6 feet tall makes everything look small, I'd never make it as a tanker! They would hand me a panzerfaust and send me on my way! Of course, Jenny, you'd probably have all kinds of room in there! tongue tongue
Okay, now I'm gonna try to fix the floor. Any particular shade of green, anyone?

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Shaggy's Panzerjager I-FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Well you giants will not fit !

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:49 am

Laughing Huh !!!! Another advantage of being under 5 foot tall ! Wooo Hooo , I think that the seat back folded back they slid in & folded it up behind them . The German half tracks , they got in this way ! Speaking of which the passenger/ radio operators side of a Sd kfz 250 has only foot room for one foot meaning the poor crew member had to put one foot on top of the other Shocked ! I have heard that the front hatch of a Stug transmission could double as a escape hatch for a driver . They say it was almost impossible to achieve in practice .

I guess comfort was not the highest priority for the claustrophobic !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:03 am

Jenny Croft wrote:
I guess comfort was not the highest priority for the claustrophobic !

I was thinking more of how you'd get out in a hurry if the thing took a hit! affraid

BTW, does the Tristar kit have the drivers front vision blocks as part of the hatch, like DML does? I thought I saw a pic where the hatch was open but the vision blocks were still in place. Does that make sense?? scratch

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 am

I wouldn't worry so much about the color Bob. I think Johnny D is right. Just give it a couple of good heavy washes / filters, and no one will know the diffrence.

Jenny Croft wrote:: ! I have heard that the front hatch of a Stug transmission could double as a escape hatch for a driver . They say it was almost impossible to achieve in practice .

Jenny flower

And Jenny; I'm 1.96 meters and 130 kilos / 6'5 and 290 lbs Shocked .I imagine if I was in a Stuggy and the middle parts was on fire bom affraid , they couldn't keep me from gettin out the tranny hatch. No way no how tongue .
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jose Luis Lopez Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Keep on posting Shaggy ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!

In 2-3 weeks I´ll start mine ... and probably I´ll take some ideas from yours!
Jose Luis Lopez
Jose Luis Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Las Rozas, Madrid (Spain)

Back to top Go down

Post  holmerz Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:43 am

Great job on the interior Bob, a shame it's to be covered up by the front glacis.
Looking forward to see more, any thoughts on the cammo scheme?

\Erik
holmerz
holmerz
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Aarhus, Denmark

http://panzerik.blogspot.dk

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Eirk-
Yes, that's usually the way with interiors!
I was thinking about panzer grey with green overspray, as was evident on some of these vehicles. I'm still not sure, though, whitewash might look nice on it, too. What do you think?

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Shaggy, the built one is great, the interior is a sensation.

But when you make green over the german grey - that can destroy all... Play with the grey, please! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Johnny Dioramix Winter wrote:Shaggy, the built one is great, the interior is a sensation.

But when you make green over the german grey - that can destroy all... Play with the grey, please! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure about voerall grey, the last time I tried it, I wasn't that happy with it. But it was a while ago, so we'll see. I ahve to decide what I'm doing soon, just so I can get finishing it. One idea I have in mind for it would need a driver. I can put one in still, but not after the gun goes in!
So I have to come to a decision of exactly what I'm doing with it, I'm kinda stalled on it right now!

Shaggy jocolor
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 am

Hey Shaggy ,

Have you got a diorama theme in mind ? I like the grey with green cam idea , just preshade the grey well so the grey is lightened enough to make the green really contrasty okay ?

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaggy Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:11 am

Jenny Croft wrote:Hey Shaggy ,

Have you got a diorama theme in mind ?
Jenny flower

Jenny-
Well, at first, I was going to have it by an abandoned KV-II with the crew poising in front of it , like they knocked it out(The title: False Pretenses). But I wasn't too sure of Laura's answer for what would be okay for the group build.
The next idea I had was it driving onto one of those floating bridges with 2 pontoons and driven by a motorboat. The problem with that is when you add the power boat, it looks like it will overshadow the little guy.
These are the things that run through my poor, troubled mind Suspect Suspect

Shaggy
Shaggy
Shaggy
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 am

Bob Muckley wrote:But I wasn't too sure of Laura's answer for what would be okay for the group build.

my answer was to be interpreted as a joke and that you may place as many vehicles of any kind in this dio as your entry - the short programme - is the panzerjäger and the dio is just the candy - the freestyle!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next