Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October

+17
david samson
Pvt Mutt
Dragunov
Bob Letterman
Highlander
Ruben Lopez
sletterman
RickLawler
Jose A. Azorin
lupanzer
Shaggy
Noel-Petroni
Kreighshoer
Blade57
G Cooper
Jenny Ryan
Richie
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty some gunz

Post  Richie Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks for the comments guys ! Bob , your what if scenario is only in my dreams , Jenny overtook my modelling abilities years ago !

Now for the all important guns
Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 75mmgun
The 75mm gun has a replacement armourscale barrel, I added some casting numbers from an Archer surface detail decal sheet.
Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 MG34
The remote MG34 mount was dressed up, I "borrowed" a Armourscale barrel from SWMBO's secret stash. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Re: Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October

Post  lupanzer Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 am

...these details make the diference...nice to see!

Regards!

Luiz.
lupanzer
lupanzer
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Rio de Janeiro-Brazil

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Re: Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October

Post  Kreighshoer Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 am

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 A010

oh that's sensational stuff richie! i love the casting numbers so much! that detail levels up the whole gun to another dimension not to speak of the "borrowed" armorscale barrel! Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 A013

just make sure SWMBO doesn't notice! lol!

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 A036 GO RICHIE! GO! GO! GO! Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 A036
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade57 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Richie -

Looking super Mate. I feel 'motivation' coming on to get going on mine now. You don't give yourself proper credit, your talents are exemplary and I've always admired especially your figures. Just superb details and work. Agree with the 'Half' figures situation. Takes me long enough to do them with any kind of decent result. Now about the taking time thing. That's a real problem for me and other of us old guys. We seem to funtion like in reverse 'dog years', everything is 8 times slower...lol.
Anxious to see more.

Mike
Blade57
Blade57
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Sammamish, Washington, USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey, these details are very nice. The numbers - and the MG!

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Commander painted

Post  Richie Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you Laura, Luiz, Mike, Johnny & Ann, I really draw inspiration from your words

Mike, we all want you to dig that Hetzer out & start building! Very Happy You are getting a hurry along with some WWII Production tracks on their way to you too

As I said before, the commander needed to be added before the build could continue much further. I did not proceed to carefully with the dot pattern as most of the figure from the shoulders down will be obscured.
Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Commander4

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Commander5

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Commander6

Now to put him inside the pre blackened interior & on with the build! I have had to endure a duet sung by Jenny & her little sister of "my heart will go on! " which actually sounds vaguely like the iceberg scraping the side of the Titanic, so be nice Wink

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:21 am

beautiful figure painting richie!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Servus Richie, the man looks very well painted.

What did you use for the shoulder straps? Or is that a structure of the fig? They look very well.

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Figure

Post  Highlander Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Nnice looking figure Ritchie , looking forward to seeing it all together.

cheers
Brian
Highlander
Highlander
General
General

Location Location : Scotland UK

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Build finished (almost)

Post  Richie Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks Laura, Johnny, Ann & Brian, good to see you are checking my progress

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer1
Here is the Hetzer, Jenny helped me assembling the WWII Production tracks , which are as usual just superb. I decided to fit the earlier 38(t) tracks but either these or the later pattern which were wider are fine

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer2

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer3

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer5

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer6
Voyager provide the tow cables & resin ends. The air intake is beautifully delicate. I have used Cast A Coat to provide some texture to the exhaust

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzercommander
The commander has very little visible

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer8

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzer9

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerjackblock

The jack block is a piece of basswood, cut to size & scrubbed with a wirebrush to give it some character then the voyager etch was used to detail it

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzertools

I cheated by only adding the latches to the tool clamps

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerspareaerial

I noticed while trimming the photographs that I forgot to add the grouser box catches, I could see they were just going to be knocked off & were going to put them on last. Note the aerial stowage along the side

I will add the schurtzen when the vehicle is painted & tracks installed

More soon, comments welcome.

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Wow, Richie, that I call heaps of progress! Guess you worked hard.

And what we see - you also worked very well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:36 pm

this is a significant and beautiful update richie! i love it! nice "cheating" by the way! i keep that in mind! Very Happy
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty re hetzer

Post  Highlander Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Looking very good Ritchie , lots of progress and nice brasswork , looking forward to seeing the paint going on .

cheers
Brian
Highlander
Highlander
General
General

Location Location : Scotland UK

Back to top Go down

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Empty Hey, Richie,

Post  Bob Letterman Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 am

It all looks great so far. I was really impressed with the MG 34. Your figure was top drawer, dude! Keep goin'! And keep those emails coming, my friend! he he he! lol!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragunov Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Richie,

Like youre work very much! Asspecially the step by step building pics. The PE work looks great. Will start my first model ever using a update set with PE soon, so I really think I can learn alot here!

Lookin forward to youre paintjob.

Cheers Erik
Dragunov
Dragunov
General
General

Location Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade57 Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:30 pm

Richie -
Superb work Mate. Those PE details really add quite a bit and you've inspired me to try and do more on my Hetzer (and yes, I'm actually getting started on it, barely, but started). You're detailed progress reports are very helpful and just hope that mine is half as well done. It's added little things like the texturing of the exhaust and headset work that really make this stand out. Keep it going, this is really looking masterful.

Mike
Blade57
Blade57
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Pvt Mutt Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:10 am

Cool
That's going to look sharp and that TC peeking out is killer.

Tony the Mutt
Pvt Mutt
Pvt Mutt
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : S.W. Missouri USA

Back to top Go down

Post  david samson Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:03 pm

wow great job i have the same set for my hetzer and i only added some of the etch set . the tool clamps were easy for me but those stupid
cable tie downs...........ARRRHGGG not to mention the real little teeny tiny shrub and brush tie downs !! cheers
david samson
david samson
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Indy,USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruben Lopez Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:51 am

Your attention to the details is really paying off Richie.
One question though, are you going to paint it with the figure in place? That doesn't look very easy!

Ruben
Ruben Lopez
Ruben Lopez
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post  alex Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:19 pm

fantastic detail work
man this group build gets bettewr and better
alex
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : MALTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Richie Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:09 am

Thought it was about time for an update, my hetzer has a coat of camo paint now.
Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerpainted1

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerpainted2

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerpainted3

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerpainted4

Richies Build : Tamiya 1/35 Hetzer FINISHED 3rd October - Page 2 Hetzerpainted5

Jenny wanted me to try her Lifecolor paints, so I did the hetzer with them and they are like silk to airbrush with! I have painted the schurtzen as well. I still have to do the detail painting & finish the second figure. then on to weathering!

Richie
Richie
Richie
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:14 am

that looks mighty fine richie! cheers

i like the green based camos more than the yellow based ones and yours looks top notch! (maybe i have seen too many yellow based three tones)
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:40 am

Hey I did not realise you posted the pictures already !

It does look very nice .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Richie!

Your Hetzer looks very good............... any weathering?

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade57 Wed May 06, 2009 12:03 am

Richie -

Really looking sweet and detailing is top notch. The crew figure came looks outstanding too. Got to get mine going more than initial stages, just isn't much modeling time right now. I'll get it going eventually,

Mike
Blade57
Blade57
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next