Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale

3 posters

Go down

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale Empty Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale

Post  ShawnGehling Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 am

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale MGGirlsboxfront
Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale.
By Shawn W. Gehling

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale MGGirlsboxrear
This is an outstanding set of civilian female figures using MG-34 or MG-42 Machine guns.
The Kit:
Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale MGGirlssprue
Contains 1 sprue with 21 pieces that have no flash.
This set contains three (3) female figures in dresses (Defending the Fatherland). One is standing, one is sitting and one is leaning over something (could be a vehicle or debris at a choke point on a street). Your imagination is the only limitation. The only draw back with this kit is it comes with no weapons, but since I have an extensive parts box of weapons, this is not a problem for me.
The dresses look excellent and could be modified to represent woman auxillary uniforms or they could be Partisans, if you wanted them to be? But hey there is something sexy about a girl in a dress hunkered down behind an MG. Right?
Conclusion: Modelkasten has a great looking set of female figures and I for one am hoping that there will be more sets to go with them. Individually they could be used as mini-diorama's or you can have them supporting a Volkstrum unit.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank My son Travis who is stationed in Japan for the review kit.
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale Empty Re: Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale

Post  Jenny Ryan Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:39 pm

ShawnGehling wrote:there is something sexy about a girl in a dress hunkered down behind an MG. Right?

Shocked Hmmmmm , Shawn , you need to get out more Razz ! Hehehehehehehe

I think the set does have some great possibility , and is a bit of fun . What a shame for the beginner that the guns are not included , I can see some women picking this as a fun starter kit into the hobby !

Jenny flower

Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale Empty Re: Modelkasten Machine Gun Girls figure set Vol. 1, in 1/35th Scale

Post  ShawnGehling Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 am

Jenny,
LOL, I've been so busy, I haven't had much time to build, but I do still buy and get them as gifts...
I agree that it is sad there are no guns, but I think the figures look great.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Trooper Peter Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Well I suppose we can equip these 3 German frauleins with MG-34s taken from Dragon or Master Box kits. Tamiya's MG-34s seem dated by today's standards. Laughing
Trooper Peter
Trooper Peter
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Malaysia, some where in the Outer Rim Territories

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Trooper Peter,
Yup, you can get them from anywhere you like...
Girls with MG-34/42's are cool no matter who supplies the weapons. LOL lol!
Shawn Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil affraid cheers
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down