Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series

Go down

Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series Empty Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series

Post  ShawnGehling Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series PatrolingVietnamboxfront
Master Box Patroling – Vietnam War Series in 1/35th Scale Kit # MB3599
By Shawn W. Gehling
Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series PatrolingVietnamboxrear
This is their first (and hopefully not their last in this series) set based on relaxed poses of a US Army patrol talking with a local woman (since they are all relaxed and standing in a group they must be part of a much larger unit patroling the area that they are in). This is another great set for figure painters and those of us that enjoy figures in a “non combat” pose.
The Kit:
Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series PatrolingVietnamFiguressprue
Master Box - Patroling, Vietnam War Series PatrolingVietnamWeaponsandEquipmentsprue
Contains 2 sprues with 118 pieces that have no flash.
This set contains five (5) figures one Vietnamese Civilian Woman typical to any area during that timeframe. Four heavily ladened US Infantry with tons of cool equipment. (the only drawbacks that I have are the “Box Art” shows on of the soldiers with a CAR-15 which is not in the set and one with an M-16/M-203 which would be the post war version) The CAR-15 is not in the set, but I have a bunch of them in my spare parts box. The M-16/M-203 is provided in the set, but would be the wrong version for the Vietnam era. Personally I feel if that is the only problem, I can live with it as I do have lots of weapons to replace them with.
The weapons, uniforms and equipment look accurate, all the way down to the Ruck (backpacks) and frame and they do give you lots of extra stuff like four different styles of headgear/covers (Helmet, 2 boonie caps and a ballcap style hat)
Conclusion: Master Box once again is producing five excellent looking figures all in relaxed poses. Individually they are great and can be used as single figures or they can be put into a diorama right out of the box.
Uniforms and equipment are covered in numerous books, so information on these should not be too hard to find.
Overall this should build into an outstanding replica and is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys figures. I would like to thank Alexander Surzhenko of Master Box Models for the review kit.

Enjoy
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down