Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system

5 posters

Go down

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  Empty Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system

Post  Jenny Ryan Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Live Resin is a new company to the model industry but comes from the expertise of Yaroslav Padalko who is the driving force behind the Russian company Tank . Yaroslav has used the latest in 3D prototyping combined with his extensive knowledge in Resin casting to provide what I consider the most advanced revolution in modelling technology with weapons , this range will expand with full figures and lots more accessories in the pipeline .

The first of his releases revolve around the modern weapons of warfare , specifically US weapons to start with and as with the real weapons they consist of modular systems , the reason is quite simple , if you look at the Live Resin WEBSITE you will see beside each set a huge photographic reference to each and every item , but you will also see & to demonstrate this fact I will use some of these images , no two soldiers weapons are the same . From a variety of scopes , hand grips , torches and laser optics as well as magazines , even colors , it appears the customisation is endless .

The first releases I will deal with are the basic weapons and then we will look at the custom bits .

The subject of this review is the basic M4 Carbine which is the main weapon currently in use with the US armed forces around the world , This is one of a pair of basic M4 Carbines , the main difference being the cover for the Rail Interface system , basically an ergonomic and often camo colored cover over the Rail interface system . The rail interface system is the modular front grip , to which , front pistol grips , torches , laser optics , grenade launchers etc are attached
Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350021

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350022

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350023
The set is made of six M4 rifles , three with the telescopic butt extended and three with the butt retracted . Two of these , again one each have the magazines removed while two of each have the "standard" magazine fitted , there is also a set of six alternate magazines for the weapons with both synthetic and steel magazines as well as with and without magazine pullers to be used in the configuration of your choice .

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350024
All that is needed to remove the rifles from the casting plug is a PE razor saw and a set of sharp cutters .

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350025
Carefully removing each attachment point one by one . You can see a slight amount of flash which can be cleaned away quickly with a sharp scalpel .

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350026
From the top you can see the finesse of the scope attachments and the detail of the Rail Interface system .

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350027
A typical soldier in the middle east , here his M4 is fitted with scope , laser optics & front grip with torch , now with the modular weapon from Live Resin his exact configuration can be modelled
Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  LiveResin350028
A soldier on patrol in a market area in Iraq , his M4 has an Elcan sceptre scope , front grip and synthetic magazines , he also has fitted a SCAR stock (partially folded) which I believe will be a future release from Live Resin .

The whole series is available here in Australia through their exclusive stockists BNA Modelworld or for other distributors visit Live Resin for further details . As you can see the system is very affordable , lots of parts such as lasers and scopes are interchangable between a wide variety of weapons so the accessories as well as the weapons will come in very handy .

I Highly recommend these to all modern enthusiasts , with a huge range of weaponry , accessories and soon figures from a large range of eras will be available . My thanks go to Yaroslav at Live Resin and BNA Modelworld for the review items .

Jenny Ryan flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  Empty Re: Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system

Post  Jaymes Crowther Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Lovely review those weapons look really finely cast! and I the detail is really well done, I wish them all the best with the weapons and I hope they do a huge range of weapons I will defiantly pick some up

Jaymes
Jaymes Crowther
Jaymes Crowther
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system  Empty Re: Live Resin 35002 US Army M4 carbine with rail interface system

Post  John T Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Great review, Jenny! I like that the parts are seperated from the cast blocks by small nibs, making them easy to remove.

We are so spoilt these days, so many great products.

Cheers
JT

John T
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Townsville, Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  S P Hammerton Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Jenny

This stuff is superb, really top notch.

Looking forward to seeing this level of tech being applied to WWII hardware such as Thompsons, Stens etc.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Jenny,
As always your reviews are great...
Thanks for posting them.
Wow, these look great... Nothing like being able to outfit your squad with
up to date, sweet looking weapons.
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down