Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

+17
StuG
john bowery
JKnaus
Dman
sharkmouth
Dragunov
Peter Bibby
Legio_Italica
Matthew Sinclair
Noel-Petroni
alex
Shaggy
RickLawler
Kreighshoer
Jenny Ryan
lupanzer
Bob Letterman
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

Post  Bob Letterman Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Moon Puppy wrote:I gotta say, you have a very interesting build technique Dad...

I dunno Son, I never knew any other modelers most of my life, and figured out things on my own. It's just what works for me. Actually, I envy the way a lot of guys on T & T build. They have so much SBS it makes them a lot more interesting than my assembly line builds! Well, as Popeye said, "I yam what I yam"!

Matthew Sinclair wrote:I'm excited to see what you have to show us Bob. I know it's gonna be good.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I'm glad you know that, I'm still not sure yet! There is still so much work to do.

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Empty All done, except for mounting it on the diorama.

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 am

Well, Here is number two of the Burned out and blown up, One to go. I keep saying this, but it will look better when it is attached to the diorama, beside the statue, and ashes all around and about 50 parts that were blown off. In these pictures, I just used a few of those parts to give an idea.

I have really enjoyed doing these, after you get past the idea of taking a really great kit and the Griffon PE, thirteen sheets of it, and destroying everything!

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak01

In the next two shots, I used a ton of PE, plus gears from a pocket watch and an old mechanical alarm clock to create the mechanism that rotates the gun platform.

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak02

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak03

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak05

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak06

The round came through the other side, penetrated the hull and ignited the gas tank, and a portion went through the other side and pierced the track. If the driver got out unscathed, he was one lucky SOB!

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak07

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak08

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Flak09

A ton of PE guys, and all of it a burned and rusting hulk!

Next job, the M-16, (Intact), for the Half track build and for a review on the Griffon PE for the kit!

I like this one much better than the Mercedes/searchlight, but.... Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

Post  Peter Bibby Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 am

Gold, pure gold.
You are still the master Bob.

Pete
Peter Bibby
Peter Bibby
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Victoria, Australia, Around the corner from Matt, down the road from Barry Panzer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragunov Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:07 am

Beautifull work Bob! Building a model and painting it to look real is hard as it is, building a model and destroying it, isn't hard, but building it and making it look real and convincing is an art!! cheers cheers Using gears from a watch is a great idea! Looks great!

Looking forward to the next update!

Erik
Dragunov
Dragunov
General
General

Location Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:15 am

Peter Bibby wrote:Gold, pure gold.
You are still the master Bob.

Pete

Thanks Pete! I like your stuff too!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 am

Dragunov wrote:Beautifull work Bob! Building a model and painting it to look real is hard as it is, building a model and destroying it, isn't hard, but building it and making it look real and convincing is an art!! cheers cheers Using gears from a watch is a great idea! Looks great!

Looking forward to the next update!

Erik

Erik, thanks a lot buddy! I just sent a package to Miranda for her birthday today. No opening until the 29th! OK?

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 am

wow, excellent finish to this project!

Regards,
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:25 am

Hi Saul,

Well, thank you sir!

I appreciate that,

BTW, do you have the intro yet?

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  sharkmouth Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:36 am

Working on the intro. Yesterday was my 14th anniversary and the wife was not too keen to see me on the PC! Wink

Regards,
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 am

I hear that!!!

Bob Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Sinclair Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:58 am

This is bloody brilliant Bob! Looks just how it should. Like a war machine that's been smashed to bits.

Well done.

Matt cheers
Matthew Sinclair
Matthew Sinclair
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Winnipeg, Canada

Back to top Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 Empty Holy Sh*t B-man!!!!

Post  Dman Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:01 am

EXCELLENT job my friend!!!

That is one well wasted vehicle! I LOVE the look of the charred broken ashed up details.

No easy task there.

Knowing what a small part of the finished diorama this will be, that diorama is going to be kick ass I'm sure.

Bill and I will see you and Susan soon and look forward to our visit and seeing the progress in person.

WOW!!

Dman
Dman
Dman
General
General

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

http://hardcorpsmodels.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:16 am

Matthew Sinclair wrote:This is bloody brilliant Bob! Looks just how it should. Like a war machine that's been smashed to bits.

Well done.

Matt cheers

Thanks Matt, that was the idea!

Dman wrote:EXCELLENT job my friend!!!

That is one well wasted vehicle! I LOVE the look of the charred broken ashed up details.

No easy task there.

Knowing what a small part of the finished diorama this will be, that diorama is going to be kick ass I'm sure.

Bill and I will see you and Susan soon and look forward to our visit and seeing the progress in person.

WOW!!

Dman

Dave, when we talked on the phone, I told you to say it was the greatest model you had ever seen, come on, get it right next time! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 am

Superbness ! Very Happy I love the point of detonation & how the fire emminates from there ! Very Happy Very Happy Totally realistic , I love it !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:47 am

Thanks Boss flower

I always like to hear your approval! Not a joke, I really do!

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:17 am

now that's what i call a wreck! Shocked

truly outstanding bob! really! this is most impressive looking! i wouldn't have made it to finish the flakpanzer to that perfection as my second wreck!

bob-sensei! Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 A014
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  JKnaus Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:11 pm

Truly awesome work. I really enjoy seeing what you do. Trully a master.
James
JKnaus
JKnaus
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Cold Lake, AB, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Kreighshoer wrote:now that's what i call a wreck! Shocked

truly outstanding bob! really! this is most impressive looking! i wouldn't have made it to finish the flakpanzer to that perfection as my second wreck!

bob-sensei! Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 2 A014

Thanks Laura,

I do like it better than the other one. It has the "look" I was trying to achieve in the Mercedes, but didn't quite make it. I'm gonna take a break from the damaged vehicles and start finishing some of the other trucks. The Pz IV J is still another and final "wreck" to do, but I'll leave it for later.

Bob

JKnaus wrote:Truly awesome work. I really enjoy seeing what you do. Trully a master.
James

Thanks James,

This one was a lot of fun!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  john bowery Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 am

Bob,
That looks fantastic and the museums are going to have one ****of a time to restore that to original condition lol!
Cheers
John

john bowery
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Indianapolis

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 am

Lovely! Excellent effect!

I like the feel of the impact shot that shook the gun mount! You can understand the savage blast that hit that thing! Well done!

THe burnt paint effect ties it up together!

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:12 am

john bowery wrote:Bob,
That looks fantastic and the museums are going to have one ****of a time to restore that to original condition lol!
Cheers
John

Thanks John,

Remember the original Legacies, blown to hell, and the later one that was made to be intact. That was child's play compared to what it would take to restore this flakpanzer to intact again. I wouldn't take the job!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:14 am

Noel-Petroni wrote:Lovely! Excellent effect!

I like the feel of the impact shot that shook the gun mount! You can understand the savage blast that hit that thing! Well done!

THe burnt paint effect ties it up together!

Regards
Noel

Thanks Noel, again, it will look much better attached to the base with ashes, blown off parts and smoke residue surrounding it!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Wow! A truly great finish, Bob! Phantastic!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 am

Johnny Dioramix Winter wrote:Wow! A truly great finish, Bob! Phantastic!

Thanks Johnny,

I've noticed you are keeping busy with projects!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  StuG Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:44 am

Excellent..! Congrats..Smile
StuG
StuG
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Istanbul-Turkey

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next