Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New from Firestorm

+4
Cheyenne
Richard Marchand
Noel-Petroni
Jenny Ryan
8 posters

Go down

New from Firestorm Empty New from Firestorm

Post  Jenny Ryan Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:03 am

New from Firestorm

FS 35173 Dead Modern Protestor/Civilian
New from Firestorm Firestorm35173

FS 35177 Modern Dead Protestor/Civilian #2
New from Firestorm Firestorm35177

Coming soon
FS35183 Australian Matilda Conversion for the new Tamiya release
Includes:
Side Armor
Access Hatches Front
Spud Tracks
Phone Box
Front Track Guards
Spare Tracks
Turret Stowage Boxes
Muffler
Turret Ring
Fuel Can Racks
Stowage
Towing Hooks
Stowage Tube
Rear Step
Smoke Launcher Mount

FS35183 Australian 2/4 Arm Regt Matilda "Courageous" Dry Transfers
New from Firestorm CartCAQYUE5G

FS35187 Australian 2/4 Arm Regt Matilda "Beauguest IV" Dry Transfers
New from Firestorm CartCA64XA0W

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty Re: New from Firestorm

Post  Noel-Petroni Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 pm

They're the best dead poses I've ever seen. Pity they are not Axis or Allies.

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Quite interesting figures. They would be perfect for some vignettes using the upcoming Evolution and Trumpeter modern figures.
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty Figures .........

Post  Cheyenne Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm

I think most " dead " figures that are out there are not that good , ............. except Verlindens dead horses , ..... I think I saw a skeletal guy in an overcoat also that wasn't that bad ...........

I just don't see these figs applying to anything we build , ........... they don't look like terrorists , ......... I don't think anyone has a Kent State dio in the works ...........

Ok here's some ideas .............. possible dio titles ............

" After the keg party "

" The day I caught my wife cheating "

" California fender bender on the P.C.H. "

" My first experiments with mushrooms "

" Losers of the fart lighting contest " ............... with a figure [ sculpted of course ] of the winner ............

New from Firestorm Who-me

" Winning the lottery "

" It cost how much to send my kid to college "

" Quintuplets "

" I owe my bookie how much "

" They passed the health care plan "

See if you can come up with any dio idea names for these ...........................
Cheyenne
Cheyenne
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Jersey Shore L.B.I.

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty My first experiments with mushrooms

Post  S.N.A.F.U. Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi all,

Cheyenne - you've got me p~#*ing myself now!

These could be just the thing for British style G8 Summit.

Daz
S.N.A.F.U.
S.N.A.F.U.
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Stoke-on-Trent UK

Back to top Go down

Post  afv_rob Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 am

I never thought anyone would release a set of 1/35 Students!

As to the G8 diorama idea, maybe firestorm can come out with some police figures in suitable poses.....
afv_rob
afv_rob
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Norwich, UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:32 am

Not trying to get too deep here but..this makes me think, is there a line we can cross in modeling? I mean would someone want to model Eddie Adams's picture of General Loan executing that Veit Cong in the street of Saigon or the Burma death march or any number of atrocities in history?

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty Its always an interesting debate..

Post  Dean Laughlin Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:42 am

this hobby of ours. I enjoy viewing everyones work and trying to apply ideas that people have used to make my models better. I travel most sites in lurk mode because there are people with much more knowledge than I have, but occasionaly I can help someone out. Myself personally I just build German WWII armor. Why? Because I just find it so fascinating. One day I will attempt a diorama. Nothing too fancy. But if it is to my satisfaction I might move on to more complex ones. I can go the "at rest" theme or "in action" theme. Now if I go the action way sooner or later do I confront the issue of a plastic/resin figure that did not survive this conflict. I think if handled correctly it shows what the models we so lovingly build and paint actually did do. I don't think the designers of the Panthers and Tigers had us model builders in mind when these tanks were built. This also goes for planes, allied, ships etc. They were trying to build something that killed the opposition and allowed them to survive. I have seen some very nice after action dioramas with deserted trenches strewn with weapons and stuff but the glaringly obvious. No foes. A full on tank and infantry attack and no-one in that particular scene dead or wounded. All the great builds recently of destoyed tanks and vehicles. Great consruction and finishes. but again no crew. Now don't get me wrong i don't want to see a 1/35th russian splatted all over his tank but in true life not everyone had time to get out. That is why i find the latest "Tank" releases relevant. They show that not everyone survived, these Firestorm ones maybe touch a chord because they are civilians? So thats about how I feel on this subject. I think it is nessacary but only if handled tastefully. And another reason why I don't post much. 40 mins to type this. Have a good day. Dean
Dean Laughlin
Dean Laughlin
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Mulwala. NSW

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:02 am

Well Dean , your opinion is as valued as anyone elses Very Happy . You are a member here so this is your forum as much as anyones Very Happy .

However you decide to build your diorama , we will help wherever we can too & I hope you share it with us . Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 am

I agree with you Deano, I wouldn't have a problem with depicting wounded and even those who made the ultimate sacrifice, if I had the talent to paint figures. I certainly don't think it's necessary to have a figure cut in half or a leg or arm just sitting where it landed from a blasted vehicle. But modeling the innocent victims, would that be too much?

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty Thanks Jenny

Post  Dean Laughlin Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:41 am

I probably didn,t mean to come across as so dark on the posting bits about sites. When your brain goes a miillion k's a minute with an answer and you can type at 10 words an hour it never seems to come out as good as you liked. I would love to post my models for viewing and critiques but the simple fact is I don,t have a camera. I have mile long want lists like everybody and a camera is there just not in the foreseeable future. I really enjoy this site and I think you all do a marvelous job. Well thanks to Borac Obama I'm off to a 12hr shift at the cracker factory to make some more propellants for the american hunter. God Bless 'em. Have a good one. Dean
Dean Laughlin
Dean Laughlin
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Mulwala. NSW

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty True , true , true ............

Post  Cheyenne Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:58 pm

I agree with Dean about the tasefully done , ............... I also agree with M.P. about strewn body parts , ..............

I forgot to mention the Firestorm figs are very , very well represented , ........... I also wouldn't knock someone if they did do a Kent State diorama , ............. but I also see the possibility of people having a heated " politically correct " debate about it . It dosen't mean I'd like it , .......... but I also wouldn't go on a crusade against it .

Which leaves me with the " are these figs necessary " , .......... not because of good or poor taste , ......... but because the types of builds we do dosen't [ for me anyway ] seem to fit anywhere .

That's why I made the joke comments , ............. because that's the first thing that came to mind , .......... people passed out at a kegger , ........... sorry .
Cheyenne
Cheyenne
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Jersey Shore L.B.I.

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

I'd probably go to the extreme and make a tank crew bailing out with one arm blown off...... it was very normal! I wouldn't do it just for kicks but to show the ugly side of war and the suffering these young boys had to pass through.

About the Firestorm Dead Modern Protestor/Civilian release....... they will not be of much use for me but I do admit that next to many dead poses of figures released, these are very good. I don't want to sound morbid but I don't know if a 'good dead pose' even exists!

Anyway...... I see nothing wrong in displaying fallen soldiers in dioramas as long as they are kept within the boundries.

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

New from Firestorm Empty Dead Heads

Post  S.N.A.F.U. Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Hey - never mind the drunk/stoned/dead teenagers (I can see them any Saturday evening in Stoke-on-Trent) we are missing a trick here - under the photos - coming soon - a conversion set to make an Ausie Matilda out of Tamiya's new kit....... oh yes please!!!!! sunny
S.N.A.F.U.
S.N.A.F.U.
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Stoke-on-Trent UK

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnold Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 pm

There was a very lengthy and wordy topic on this on Armorama concerning the "dead" figures. Albeit, they could be used for more than their titled purposes;
put a bottle next to him and hes a passed out drunk. Blanket under him and hes asleep. Blanket over him and well, you know.
Many possibilities. Don't get stuck on the label on the box.

Arnold
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down