Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles

5 posters

Go down

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles Empty Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles

Post  sharkmouth Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Adler's Nest continues to push the machining envelope with a great looking muzzle and flash hider for the German MG-42. On their web site, they have announced a full barrel and heat shield for the machine gun and this is the first part to be released from that set.

It arrived in a small cellophane bag within a ©️ Ziploc bag with a color paper insert. This is wrapped in a heavy paper header with limited English. The parts are tiny and care should be taken when removing them from their packing. See photos...
Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles ANM-35023

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles AdlersNest-001

There are two parts, a muzzle with flash hider and a mounting pin. I did not find any tooling marks or burrs. The blue finish is very nicely done and negates the need to paint the part thereby risking loss of detail. Looking closely at all the machined detail, I decided to pull out the best plastic MG42 available from many of Dragon’s Gen2 figure sets.

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles B_1861_2

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles B_1861_3

After sliding the muzzle over the short end of the mounting pin, using white glue as an adhesive, I drilled out a hole in a plastic barrel using a #72 drill bit. However, a comparison to Dragon’s MG42 shows that the only gain would be a thinner flash cone and the machined slots. Both are not too difficult to add by oneself.

In the end, the Dragon plastic muzzle was cut off carefully as it would look stunning as the coaxial MG in the Sd.Kfz. 234/2 yet still allow for the Gen2 MG42 with the Adlers Nest muzzle to be used as a focal point on a figure.

It is expensive, this is the only downside. Other than the price, it has everything going for it…accurate, in scale, and easy to use.

The review sample was obtained from HobbyLink Japan.
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles Empty Re: Adlers NestMG42 Muzzles

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:44 pm

an interesting am piece! it looks marvellous no question!

thanks saúl!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Crazy stuff Shocked
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:56 am

They are expensive Saul but when you spend the amount of hours on a kit , that I know we all do , it is that touch of class .

I find there is no way to justify price in modelling , just what level of detail we are prepared to accept Very Happy !

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 am

Knowing that such detailed stuff is available..... how can I allow myself to use a plastic MG on a model that took me ages to build!

It's the cash that sadly holds me back! Crying or Very sad

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content