Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish

5 posters

Go down

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish Empty Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish

Post  sharkmouth Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Adler's Nest is a company from Japan with a master machinist in control. Some of their latest releases push the envelope of miniature machining and their pricing is a reflection of the quality achieved.

While doing some research for a Nationalist Chinese Panzerkampfwagen Ausführung A, I read that they were equipped with MG-13 guns with flash hiders. Adler's Nest offers these in two varieties, one in brass, or with a blue steel finish as in this set. Nw that Bronco has released their Chinese Sd.Kfz. 221 kit with MG13 gun, this release is of great interest.

The barrel, only one per set, comes in a folded cellophane bag within a ©️ Ziploc bag with a paper header. See photo one. Within, the barrel comes assembled but I took it apart. The parts fit are tight as it should be. Photo two shows three views of the barrel.

The machining on the barrel sleeve is very well done with no tool marks to be found. The details are sharp but there are some burrs on the ventilation holes which may need addressing. Sadly, this may end up removing the Blue Steel Finish for which one paid extra!

As for accuracy, I compared them to Panzer Tracts first title on the Panzer I and it is a very close match. This is the K or short version.

Other than the high relative price, this has everything to recommend. If one takes the attitude that one gets what one pays for, the price is very palatable and the end result is a stunning replica.

This set was purchased through HobbyLink Japan and worth every Yen in my opinion.

Photographs,

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish AdlersNest-007

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish AN-006

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish AN-008

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish AN-009

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish ANM-35022

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish ANM-35022B
sharkmouth
sharkmouth
General
General

Location Location : The mountains of South East New York

http://www.track-link.net

Back to top Go down

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish Empty Re: Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:01 pm

the steel blue finished barrel looks so divine! but unfortunately it is too expensive! Sad

thanks for this review saúl! Very Happy
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish Empty Re: Adlers Nest MG13K Regular & Steel Blue Finish

Post  Richard Marchand Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:16 pm

They look superb Shocked It's kinda incredible to see the details on such small items. Like you said they must have a master machinist at the helm.
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Richard Marchand wrote:Like you said they must have a master machinist at the helm.

nah - elves throwing elvenglitter all over the barrels! lol!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:00 am

Now that is sweet Very Happy , they are the top shelf in aftermarket accessories .

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:12 am

Excellent!

I'm saving up for x2 barrels for my Panzer I.

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down