Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series

+3
Matthew Sinclair
Panzer
Jenny Ryan
7 posters

Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series

Post  Jenny Ryan Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:17 am

I have just recieved the latest book by my good friend David Harper , under his Hard Corps Models company , it is the third in a series of books titled USMC IN OIF

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series USMC_in_OIF

When you first see this book you will be surprised to see it is a spiral ring bound book . Well the advantages of this to the modeller is self evident when opening it , that being that the book stays open at the page you are on so if you are looking at a photo for reference you do not damage the spine or have the book close on you . Revolutionary , durable , and it is the first hint that this book was made by a serious modeller .

The book is all A4 landscape profile glossy , beautiful coloured images , giving the modeller a lot of visual stimulus , diorama ideas & a human aspect to the war in Iraq .There are lots of pictures of Abrams , Humvees AAVs , LAVs & some really colourful Iraqi Police vehicles , some may even be Hiluxes for an interesting conversion of the Mig Vehicle !

What is more moving is that every USMC soldier is named & it shows a very sensitive human touch , the story of Pfc Kenneth Dickerson who has been over the last four months of his deployment in Iraq learning how to speak Arabic , his interaction with the children of Iraq , the pictures of a Abrams crew with their tribute to a fallen comrade on the side of their tank .

Beautiful sharp pictures in full colour , if you are going to build a modern build in our group build or if you just want to see a touching tribute to soldiers doing their stuff this is an extrordinary reference book .

A big thank you for sending me this beautiful book David & Bill Very Happy , Thanks for all the other stuff too (we will be eating chocolate for a month Very Happy ! More importantly thank you for honouring me by autographing the book for me , I will treasure it always Very Happy .

Jenny IOI
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty Great series of books

Post  Panzer Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:53 am

Jenny
Dave has done a great job with this series of publications, keep up the good work Dave.
Mrosko
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty Re: HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series

Post  Matthew Sinclair Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:08 am

USMC in Iraq? I gotta have it! cyclops
Matthew Sinclair
Matthew Sinclair
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Winnipeg, Canada

Back to top Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty Here's a weathering reference..

Post  RickLawler Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:27 am

I have a friend that I have met though modeling...Maj. Michael Paxton, he' being rotated home as we speak having served 3 tours. He's been sending me pictures from time to time....

This is a shot from his Humvee during a sandstorm. Talk about severe weathering!!!

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series MichaelPaxtonsandstorm

...I'll get him to join TnT once he gets settled.

Thanks for the heads-up on the book, Jenny.

Rick

http://ricklawler.blogspot.com/
RickLawler
RickLawler
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Portland, Oregon USA

Back to top Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty What a scary looking image

Post  Panzer Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:12 pm

What a scary looking image.
Panzer
Panzer
Panzer
General
General

Location Location : O'Fallon MO, U.S. of A

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526495/

Back to top Go down

HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series Empty Re: HARD CORPS MODELS USMC IN OIF #3 Photo album series

Post  Carlos Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 am

Any ideas where I can get these series of books from ? I live in the Uk,can you buy direct ? They look awesome reference... And might turn me in to a modern era modeller affraid lol!

Thanks

Carlos

Carlos
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  ShawnGehling Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Looks like a nice one for you modern armor builders. Enjoy
Shawn
ShawnGehling
ShawnGehling
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Langley, Washington USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaymes Crowther Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Carlos wrote:Any ideas where I can get these series of books from ? I live in the Uk,can you buy direct ? They look awesome reference... And might turn me in to a modern era modeller affraid lol!

Thanks

Carlos

I think it will be difficult as David Harper the owner of Hard Corps models sadly passed away from a long battle with cancer. I do not know what is happening with the company but I hope it sheds some light.

Jaymes
Jaymes Crowther
Jaymes Crowther
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down