Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32

Go down

Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32 Empty Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32

Post  Jenny Ryan on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:26 am

Xtreme Modelling Magazine is a model magazine of the highest class , the best modellers , models , photography & paper quality . The Magazine is in landscape format with a emphasis on visual instruction in its layout , edited to the highest standards by Jose A. Azorin .
Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32 Xtrememag32

Issue 32 of Xtreme Modelling starts with the cover feature article "Free for All" a marvelous diorama from Volker Bembennek , a beautiful diorama of a K.O.'d Stug IV being stripped by two scrappers , one of those dioramas where you notice little details that at first were not noticed . A beautiful step by step of construction , painting & diorama detailing .

Luis Pitarch has an article of Humvees in Iraq , it appears no two are ever alike in terms of body , armament , armour or colours . there are loads of pictures of Humvees , internals , stowage , armaments, fixture & fitting details . If you need some inspiration on modern Humvees in service then this article is a must have .

Next up is an IDF Humvee "Memugan", a conversion of the Academy Humvee with the Legends IDF Humvee conversion by Juan G. Sevilla . A very distinctive looking conversion , fitted with IDF specific equipment its Boxy armour gives it a aggressive buisness like appearance .

"Broken Dreams" is my favourite diorama in the book , built by Jorge Jaldon is a diorama set in Londons Blitz era , a destroyed bus , victim of the german bombing sits in front of a damaged toy store , a british bobby is standing guard & diverting two potential miniature looters . The scene is inspiring , the two children have heard that the bombing has hit the toy store , they have grabbed a toy cart to load with booty only to have their dream crushed by this nasty policeman . Beautifully painted & composed , only the wheels & front guards are not scratchbuilt . The figures of the children are actually Custom Dioramics figures not Plus models , the cart is however from Part Models . A bonus is also included of a page of blitz era signs & advertisments to reproduce & use on your dioramas . Most of which appear somewhere on the diorama .

Gary Kwan builds Dragons Pz IV G with some additional details , Gary takes us through a SBS of how he painted his whitewashed paint scheme in his own unique style , then continues through detail painting & weathering , resulting in a beautifully detailed , muddy Panzer IV .

Guiseppe de Felice rounds off the book with his beautifully detailed Braille scale Mini-Submarine base , a busy port setting , the water is beautifully done , with a slight chop on the surface . The buildings are painted exquisitely , the whole scene is busy , all the figures interact together . I really love the detail & weathering on the crane .

I know that modellers will draw inspiration from all the models in this magazine , a marvelous read . I recommend Xtreme modelling to all modellers be they beginners or advanced , inspiration comes from others & these are some of the best . My thanks to Jose A. Azorin for the review copy

Jenny Croft flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32 Empty Re: Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32

Post  Matthew Sinclair on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:11 am

Just looking (okay, drooling) over that one picture makes me want to order a copy right now. What a Face
Matthew Sinclair
Matthew Sinclair
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Winnipeg, Canada

Back to top Go down

Post  Tancred on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:29 pm

An Xcellent magazine, every issue!
Tancred
Tancred
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Malta

http://www.ipmsmalta.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deano on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:27 pm

I was meant to be reviewing this somewhere else oops Embarassed Looks like I wont be now.It is a great Issue and the bus dio is oustanding,but they are all good in their own ways.Recommended Very Happy

Cheers
Deano
Deano
Deano
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Paisley Scotland

Back to top Go down

Xtreme Modelling Magazine Issue 32 Empty Hey Deano

Post  Jenny Ryan on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:35 am

Well Deano , it does not hurt to have a differing opinion on the same review Very Happy . If you , or anyone else wants to do some reviews that would be great ! Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Deano on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 pm

No probs Jenny,if I get anything worth reviewing I will run it by you first:)

Cheers
Deano
Deano
Deano
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Paisley Scotland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down