Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new name for Tasca ?

3 posters

Go down

A new name for Tasca ? Empty A new name for Tasca ?

Post  G Cooper Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:41 am

I saw this the other day on the Tasca site. And I am not totally sure of what has happened, but living in the United States I think this is what would be refered to as a corporate merger, or takeover. Shocked . Ultimately I don't think it means much to us as modellers. But only that we will eventually learn to look for the latest best Sherman releases from Asuka, instead of Tasca.

http://tasca-modellismo.com/english/emain.html

Gary Cool 
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

A new name for Tasca ? Empty Re: A new name for Tasca ?

Post  S P Hammerton Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Gary

Whatever the reasons for the name change, I hope that Asuka continues their relaxed output of stuff that's excellent and not churn out stuff that's incorrect.

Simon
S P Hammerton
S P Hammerton
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location Location : St Just, West Cornwall

http://www.simonhammerton.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A new name for Tasca ? Empty The inside news

Post  Umineko Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Well I can confirm that the name change came about because the founder and director of Tasca resigned to pursue his own interests, he has subsequently started the company Raupen Modell and is producing superb track sets for modern Japanese armour subjects, their first release was sets (with and without rubber pads) for the Type 90. I have both sets and I can tell you that the quality is superb, he also released a photo reference CD with photos of the Type 74 and the new Type 10. currently he is working on releasing a new set of tracks for the recently released Tamiya 1/35th scale Type 10.
Tasca / Asuka will continue in their current path and their next release is (from what I have been told) something quite unusual and never before produced as an injection molded kit... I can't divulge what it will be (sworn to secrecy) but keep a weather eye on the horizon for something unusual Smile
Umineko
Umineko
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Melbourne

Back to top Go down

A new name for Tasca ? Empty Re: A new name for Tasca ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down