Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

+17
StuG
john bowery
JKnaus
Dman
sharkmouth
Dragunov
Peter Bibby
Legio_Italica
Matthew Sinclair
Noel-Petroni
alex
Shaggy
RickLawler
Kreighshoer
Jenny Ryan
lupanzer
Bob Letterman
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

Post  tedhodson Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:29 am

What a fun model! Inspiring!
tedhodson
tedhodson
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Victoria BC Canada

Back to top Go down

Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bob's build A Dragon Flakpanzer 38(t) September 14th, All Finished!!

Post  Bob Letterman Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:09 am

StuG wrote:Excellent..! Congrats..Smile

Thanks Stug, you know, one of the few places in the world I have always wanted to see was Istanbul, the river, the bridges, the Blue Mosque, etc. I have always wanted to go there. I have managed to travel the world, but Istanbul and a couple of other places have always drawn me to them, but I have never had the opportunity. It must be awesome to live there among all that history!

Bob

tedhodson wrote:What a fun model! Inspiring!

Guess what Ted,

I had more fun building this than I have in building kits in many years! The icing on the top of the cake is that some of you liked it too!

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Location Location : Troy, Missouri USA

http://bob@bobletterman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pvt Mutt Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:56 am

Oh Bob what have you done? No Have you no scruples? pale You've destroyed a beautiful SPG to satisfy your
lust for carnage.

Even though you did a heck of a job i'll say a prayer for you tonight. Laughing
Tony the Mutt
Pvt Mutt
Pvt Mutt
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : S.W. Missouri USA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:16 am

Tony,

Thanks, I need all the prayers I can get. When this dio is finished there will be a huge amount of dunkle gelb vehicles blown to hell, I will probably be tarred and feathered by all the dark grey and dark yellow membership! You know, I did that gig in my last 1/35th diorama. I/m trying to be fair and balanced here! Axis win one, Allies win one. My next one is the Pacific. See, fair and balanced! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Robins Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:16 am

Hi Bob, How are you going?
I love this one. Cool The finnish as per your usual standared. Outstanding. Are the burnt effects paint and pigments/pastels. I really like that effect and I would like to try and replicate it. I did say TRY, anyway back to work for me and you have a great day. cheers cheers
Adam
Adam Robins
Adam Robins
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Whitsundays Queensland Australia

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 am

Hey Adam,

Thanks!

As Yoda says, "Don't try, do"! I use pastels. No pigments, no filters, just plain old pastels that modelers have been using for about forty years. Nothing high tech or cutting edge, just old fashioned modeling. If you want to have a go at it, send me a PM and I will walk you through it. It is a very simple process with no magic potions! That goes for anyone else on T&T. I just like showing people how to do things that are touted by others as very advanced. After I show you, you will probably beat me at it!

BTW, Per Olav is much better at this than I am. Check out his M1 Abrams in Jenny's Friends, "Greetings from the land of the Vikings"! It will blow you away!

I see things on here all the time that are totally new to me. We all can learn from each other and that is the never ending story of this web site.

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  fledermaus Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Bob, you nailed again!! the destruction is super real cyclops you got the hang of it really fast, so keep destroying and like they said in that famous movie.....let them burn!!!!

Abdin
fledermaus
fledermaus
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Paradise Island, Puerto Rico

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Letterman Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks Abdin,

I still have a panzer IV to destroy for this dio, but I'm gonna do some intact ones before I start on that!

Bob

Bob Letterman
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3