Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not A Model

Go down

Not A Model Empty Not A Model

Post  S.N.A.F.U. Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:49 am

Hi all - I'd like to recommend something that isn't a model or directly model related - I hope thats ok?

Its the latest book by historian Andrew Roberts, entitled "The Storm of War". Having a previous book published on the key allied personalities and their strategies in WWII he has now turned to look at the Axis Powers, their key players and positions.... even going so far as to suggest the outcome of the war could have been very different. The time line for this book runs from 1935 through to victory over Japan and contains some eye opening info.

I've not done any model making this week as I've had a week with my two sons but I've taken the opportunity to get into this (quite weighty) book during the evenings and can confirm that its very accessable, well written and should be of interest to anybody wanting to read around this most intriguing era of modern history. Added to that its half price at Amazon too - here's the URL:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storm-War-History-Second-World/dp/0713999705/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251582236&sr=8-1

Cheers

Daz
S.N.A.F.U.
S.N.A.F.U.
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Stoke-on-Trent UK

Back to top Go down