Jennys' Tanks & Things
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack by Vajraminiature

+5
Noel-Petroni
Richard Marchand
Cheyenne
Dundee Dude
Plushy
9 posters

Go down

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature Empty D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack by Vajraminiature

Post  Plushy Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 am

Hi Everyone ,
Just spotted this on PMMS , Its the D9 Dozer with added Armour that the US army and Israeli Defence Force use . I Love this Big beastie cant wait to get one and build it . But judging by the amount of resin i dont think it will be cheap Crying or Very sad

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/vajraminiature.htm

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Location Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature Empty Re: D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack by Vajraminiature

Post  Dundee Dude Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:35 am

Whoa! Shocked

I WANT one!!!! bounce

You can see just how massive the beastie is with that figgie in front. But I wager you're right, tis going to be a nice chunk'a change. Sad
Dundee Dude
Dundee Dude
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Location Location : Quebec, Canada

Back to top Go down

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature Empty Plushy .........

Post  Cheyenne Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Whoa , .......... that's bigger than some apartments I've lived in , ............

That has soooooo many possibilities ................... and looks to be a nice detail/fit build !!!!

Glenn
Cheyenne
Cheyenne
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : Jersey Shore L.B.I.

Back to top Go down

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature Empty Re: D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack by Vajraminiature

Post  Plushy Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Well i reckon there might be a fit problem with the tracks and rear idler after looking at the photos .

But i am gonna start saving from right NOW ! Very Happy

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah!, sure, now that I have collected a few dozen megabytes of pictures to help scratchbuild one some little company feel the need to release one in resin affraid

That's one massive and impressive piece of machinery Shocked It look very well detailed and should be quite popular with IDF fans.

I wonder if someone will come out with the Slat armor package?
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Dundee Dude Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Richard Marchand wrote:Yeah!, sure, now that I have collected a few dozen megabytes of pictures to help scratchbuild one some little company feel the need to release one in resin affraid
Richard, count your blessings....

You could have been two thirds of the way through your second attempt at scratchbuilding the thing when they released it!
D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature A045 What a Face
Dundee Dude
Dundee Dude
seasoned veteran
seasoned veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Noel-Petroni Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Massive kit, Plushy! A beauty!

Richard Marchand wrote:
Yeah!, sure, now that I have collected a few dozen megabytes of pictures to help scratchbuild one some little company feel the need to release one in resin

"Dundee Dude wrote
Richard, count your blessings....

You could have been two thirds of the way through your second attempt at scratchbuilding the thing when they released it!

Yeh, Richard....... and you could also be building and half way through this multi dollar kit and some plastic manufacturer will release at 3rd of the price!

Regards
Noel
Noel-Petroni
Noel-Petroni
General
General

Location Location : Malta

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny Ryan Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:43 am

If anyone is after details of civilian Cat D9's I will see what I can arrange , they are the small dozers at work ! Very Happy

Jenny flower
Jenny Ryan
Jenny Ryan
Supreme commander
Supreme commander

Location Location : NSW Australia

http://tanksandthings.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:09 am

Whatever you can put your hands on I will appreciate Very Happy
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  alex Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:25 am

im going to get one of these in 1/35 that is, i wouldnt mind a 1/1 vehicle tough, the way we maltese drive especially heavy vehicle drivers. i bet no one would even dare look twice at me if i was in one of these
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Location Location : MALTA

Back to top Go down

Post  Plushy Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Well my D9 Bulldozer turned up today so heres some piccies !!!

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0002
D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0001

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0003-1
D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0005
D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0011-3

Its very well cast only a few tiny bubbles and one slight bit of mold slip ! I gotta buy a few more i reckon Very Happy

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 pm

Shocked

that's a massive bulldozer! the price is also massive - 199 US$! that's a lot of bucks!

the cast looks superb! how thick is the resin in the windows? will it be easy to cut out?
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  alex Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:39 pm

same question about window thickness here. i goinig to get one of these fer sure
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Plushy Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 pm

they supply clear plastic for all the windows and the resin is less than 1mm thick where the windows are so should be very easy to cut the resin out . Very Happy

D9 Bulldozer with Israeli Armour Pack  by Vajraminiature DSC_0013-1

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  alex Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 pm

great and thanks for the reply
alex
alex
Tank Commander
Tank Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  G Cooper Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:30 am

Now THAT looks impressive. The only thing I would worry about is, it looks like you need a degree in engineering just to sort out all the hundred or so little parts in the plastic bags. Looking at it reminds me of when I used to operate these big boys back when I was younger, and dustier Razz .

Now I think we all want to see you start to glue pieces together so we can see how well it all fits Very Happy

Gary Cool
G Cooper
G Cooper
naughty corner commissar
naughty corner commissar

Location Location : Yuma, Az.

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Marchand Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:35 pm

The kit looks quite good. Are you going to build it soon? And if so, any chance you'll post some progress in the WIP forum?
Richard Marchand
Richard Marchand
General
General

Back to top Go down

Post  Plushy Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:47 pm

I have Started cleaning up the castings so i will see after that wether i build it straight away or wait Very Happy

Plushy
Be nice to me I am new
Be nice to me I am new

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreighshoer Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Plushy wrote:I have Started cleaning up the castings so i will see after that wether i build it straight away or wait Very Happy

who wants to place a bet? Very Happy the betting shop is open!
Kreighshoer
Kreighshoer
Platoon Commander
Platoon Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down